Would you date your student?

So I have a very large crush on my teacher. He is brilliant, funny and cute. I don't know how old he is, but I don't see a ring.
Would you date a student? Should I wait till the quarter is over? After I graduate? Would it be innappropriate to flirt with him now? How should I show my interest if I wait until after?

Most Helpful Guy

• After they stop being my students. Maybe, who knows, attraction comes in many ways...

Most Helpful Girl

• Only if he was my age..
    by the way I would totally go out with one if my professors if he asks me out.. 😂😂 I know that's not gonna happen but he's so charming and smart and everything... I was so sad when this semester ended cuz I probably won't see him anymore : (

What Guys Said 17

• To avoid unnecessary complications, I wouldn't. I was replacing a lector last semester and was asked ou by one of the studentst. Sure, the girl looks amazing and her grades tell me she's very capable, but from an academic point of view, it's inappropriate, so I refused.

• When I was a student in college I dated a teacher (TA), and was heavily hit on by three others... I don't think it was a wise decisions, but whatever I'm still alive. :D When I was a teacher, my students were my kids, and regardless of if they were legal or not no I would not of got involved with any of them. I do have an aunt that met her husband, a college professor while attending his course. It worked out for them.

• Maybe after she had graduated and was no longer a student then sure possibly, but never while she was under my tutor-ledge that would be wrong.

• be a little bit more specific with your question. student can be much...

• No way.

• Speaking as an English and history tutor, I can tell you that any such form of interaction by a teacher/lecturer/tutor is unethical in the extreme and career ending.

• no, unless I wanna lose my job

• Nope

• depends, in this scenario, how hot is she and how old is she?

• Depends on her maturity. Just please don't seduce me or I'll fall in to a trap.

• What the fuck? But you're gorgeous!

• For me yes

• If I'm a teacher I won't do that.. I heartless thing done for the teaching...

• Not while she's my student, no. But after she finishes the class, sure.

• I would.

• As I don't have a student, N/A.

• Mostly it's a bad idea. Stay away from students.

• Replace 'mostly' with 'always'.

What Girls Said 6

• nope

• No. way.

• Over the age of 21 in college unless its a sex thing than 19 just fine

• nope

• Eww just don't

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more