Is no sex good in this situation?

My ex and I broke up, but giving "us" another try and taking things slow for almost a week now. We met twice and had a great time together and ended up having sex multiple times later. Yesterday, I tried calling him by our nicknames and he was quiet. He mentioned he would eventually be able to call me our nickname again. That made me feel pretty shitty, and I couldn't perform sexually. I don't want to try by having sex casually with one another, would like it to mean something. I'm scared, we will only meet and have sex until he decides he wants to be with me again. In this case, am I crazy to hold off on sex until we repair our relationship? Or is sex an important part of the process?

Most Helpful Guy

• if I were you, I wouldn't put out for him. If you're willing to give things another shot and he's not putting in the effort, then kick him to the curb. There's lots of good guys out there. Just take your time until your comfortable with that person.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm with you on this one, you've done the sex thing already. If he really wants to fix things then leave the sex out of it, otherwise it will just become a fuck buddy arrangement with no emotional closeness. Do you really want it to end up as that?

What Guys Said 2

• I mean I can't imagine no sex ever being good

• Cock block him, that'll help.

What Girls Said 4

• Personally i think it is a wise decision because like it or not sex play a HUGE part in a relationship and to repair your relationship you mind want to start with the communication skills and if he's not ready to go back to just a nickname then why be intimate if he can't handle a nickname. because when you're having sex you don't talk about other issues or it kills the mood and not talking is not gon' fix anything.

• Seems like you need to sort out your issues first before having sex again. Who knows, maybe he's with you now just because you keep having sex. At the end of the day trying to get back with an ex is usually a bad idea.

• Hold of the sex, obviously!! He wants to slow down in the relationship yet you still have sex? How does that even make sense? Aren't you supposed to work it out atm through words and time? Don't be suprised if the ends up talking to other girls and just having sex with you.

• Stop having sex with him... he's just using you and it's pretty obvious.