Low maintainence girl VS High maintainence girl. Which do you men REALLY prefer?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think guys have to have experience with both before they blurt out an answer. It's like anything in life, we want the pros without the cons #brexit #feminism.

Both are their own separate package deal. I went from low maintenance to exclusively high maintenance, to a mix, back down to low maintenance.

Do I get everything I want? No. Can you always get what you want? No. But if you try sometimes, you might just find, you get what you need. I got what I need. Shaved/waxed legs, someone who watches her diet and works out to a reasonable degree (given how many hours she works), and keeps sex reasonably interesting here and there.

From there on, you have to remember, things could be worse. You could be with someone unattractive, or fat, or lazy, or very demanding, or complainy, or controlling, or insecure, or jealous, or dependent, or with a low sex drive. So, "Don't let the perfect become the enemy of the good." Good is good, it's not bad, and it's not "Well, this could be better."

With a high maintenance girl, the sex is not amazing. Common misconception. The actual sex is not amazing. It's rarely even good. The best sex I've had was with low maintenance girls. The only thing that's easier with high maintenance girls is "arousal." They look good, so it's easier for you to get turned on and hard (or be interested in sex). After that initial hurdle, however, they do almost nothing in the "excitement" department.

There are exceptions. There are low maintenance girls who dress up and get done up really well when they want to turn their man on. There are high maintenance girls who put in the effort to get and keep their guy excited during sex. There is one thing that's universal, though...

High maintenance girls feel entitled, and they inevitably always have some kind of character or personality flaw that leads them to choose to "negotiate life" by being dressed up and done up and have high demands. It can be very basic, such as a belief that people who simply "want more" or are "very demanding" are "higher quality people." And so, the negative trait is linked to her identity as a person.

With the other competing demands of life, I'd rather be with someone that's low maintenance and does it for me sexually, than have that extra arousal but have to deal and tolerate with everything else that comes along with it.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 21

• Always low... Always...
    high maintenance girls are for guys with low esteem who feel "Lucky" to be taken advantage of.

• Low-maintenance, independent.

I ended up trying to develop relationships with some ultra emotionally high-maintenance girls (not materialistic but just needed attention 24/7).

I initially loved the desire for my attention and I might have developed some sense of codependency, but over time I just couldn't keep up the maintenance work. Getting exhausted and finding you got like 8 messages from a very insecure person because you missed a day of texting isn't so relaxing.

• Low maintenance. Who wants a high maintenance woman. I will elaborate on some of the things I am about to say. A high maintenence woman to me is one who has to have makeup on no matter who she is going to be around or where she is going. Has to tan or bleach their skon depending on if they are going for darker or lighter skin. The have to have fake/false eyelashes. Always has to be waxed nails done every few weeks. Their hair has to look like it was just done by a beautician. Hascto always whiten their teeth. The clothes including shoes have to be from a certain designer, certain shade of a certain color, certain fabric, certain style. They have to have to certain jewelry from a certain designer. Certain purse from a certain designer. It all depends on the year it is and the season. The vehicle have to be a certain make, model, year, color, has yo be fully loaded. Has to go to trendy places to eat and for entertainment. The music has to be the top 40.

I understand the whole wanting to look good but they have to be so called "on fleek" all the time.

The nails done every 2 weeks I am cool with since my girlfriend does that. She wears makeup for special occasions like date night, weddings, holiday parties etc. She doesn't need the designer clothes or high end vehicles.

• out of what i look for in someone personality is higher importance than her looks.
    im not saying looks dont matter some. but if the only way someone looks good is with tons of make up then i would choose the low maintenance one with a good personality.

• High maintenance if she doesn't expect me to be the one maintaining her.
    So basically an independent high maintenance girl.

• Definitely prefer low maintenance. A low maintenance girl is much more likely to be comfortable within her self, have a good sense of self, and not be demanding and clingy.

• I think that the vast marjority of guys will prefer low maintenance, including myself.

• The intelligent and nice girl.
    First looks would be for low maintenance

• low is alway better high maintenance cost to much if she has the money for the designer cloths and stuff let her get that I'll get it for a birthday or Christmas but not all the time but I don't have the money for a low maintenance

• Low maintenance. I am signing up to be a boyfriend, not her caregiver, therapist and bitch.

• High maintenance as long as she can afford it herself

• high maintnence ususally looks waaay better but has disgusting personality

hottest chick who is low maintenece which doesn't exist lol

• I like my girl to have low mileage and maintenance, just like my car.

• Not for us to choose... If they want to spend 2 hours getting ready it's their choice not ours. If they want to go out in PJs and a a night mask, I'm not judging.

• I'd say go with moderation in everything, but if it's a low or high case, then i'll say low.

• High all the way!!

• On a scale srom 1 (low) to 5 (high) I would prefer 2 for average and 3-4 for special occassions. I myself am not the kind of guy who styles his hair everyday perfectly and I would feel uncomfortable if she was. Also I don't like it when girls overdo with makeup and act like bitches and personality is more important for me.

• low maintenance.

• High maintenance looks, low maintenance lifestyle.

• Low. High maintenance is pretty much synonymous with annoying.

• Low, always.

What Girls Said 9

• I think it s bs.
    Guys say they prefer low maintainence but in rl they go for the high maintainance cs obviously she looks better and on point

• no because the majority what makes a person high maintenance is not necessary.

• @anonman32 i didn t understand your point

• you say men actually want high maintenance girls but i say we dont because a lot of what they do that is considered high maintenance is not really necessary. i would say that spoiling yourself every now and then in a spa or doing a home spa is not a bad thing, it can be quite pleasant but if you have to go to the hairdresser every 2 weeks and pay 150 euros for your hair thats quite unnecessary and high maintenance. but hey, thats just my opinion, if people feel happing with being high maintenance then thats okay with me.

• A lot of them want a low maintenance girl who looks like the high maintenance ones haha

As guys get older though and mature they tend to be more interested in personality and maturity over appearance so they'll start paying more attention to average women who are fun to be around and easy going and stop wasting their time on high maintenance princesses.

• they want high maintenance looks but don't want to be funding it

• I believe most men prefer something in-between the two extremes.

• I'm guessing the majority of people like low maintenence partners

• I guess the reason Guys ard going fox maintainments is becuase its not so costy lol

• I'd like to think I'm low mantience, but I require a lot of attention so, I don't know

• The one with the biggest tits.

• The low maintenance one with the high maintenance girl's face