I don't want a serious girlfriend because of money?

Is it a good reason to not want a girlfriend because he wants to save money to travel? Girls can be expensive.

• Good reason
  • Bad reason

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah that'll work. Save your money for yourself and live your life the way you see fit.

I'm not being facetious. I am not dating, it's not that I can't get a boyfriend. I just don't want the stress and spending money on things I don't want to spend it on. I'd rather live a happy life doing what I want when I want to.

If that is what you really want, then don't date or get a girlfriend. Not all women go after money, just like I know not all men do. But if it's something that will continuously bother you while you try to date, it'll leave a sour experience for you.

Most Helpful Guy

• Relationships where money isn't, what defines it are very rare.
    I'd be in one but I discovered, that there are many type of girls and too many of them fit into a money-draining category. At least the one's I met.

If a girlfriend does not mind how much money you have or spend, then it's a bad reason.
    Otherwise it's a good reason for your benefit.

I cannot vote with full agreement but I've voted B because that's, what is the most accurate in my opinion.

What Girls Said 9

• I think thats okay. My cousin did this. He would work a lot, save up money and time, amd travel for months at time. He didn't marry and start having kids until almost 40. No relationships really, but he doesn't regret any of it. He got to see a lot. I think it just depends on each individual and what they want out of life. Some people crave that stable relationship and family life, others crave freedom and adventure. Neither is wrong.

• Just go live your life and do what you want.

You're young and don't need to be "tied down" right now if you want to explore.

PLUS an LDR (likely what it'd be if you traveled) is HARD AF if you're going months without seeing one another.

• Eh, when I was financially strapped I didn't want to date either. I didn't want men expecting me to pay with my body since I didn't have a lot of cash. Also, it's a mature thing to consider especially if you find a special person you want to take out on a really nice date.

• I think you've been dating the wrong kind of girls...

• right ones who pay half of everything?

• Ah, well you're older so maybe that's why.

• I think I would feel differently if I had been with the guy for a long time though, I buy friends coffee and lunch and presents. I'm not saying I would expect those things but if he never bought a coffee for me after years I would worry that he had some major trust issues with me or something. It's a different scenario to the start of a relationship.

• That's fine, but don't push someone away of someone comes along.
    Or do... I don't know
    I just think it'd be silly to.

• A serious girlfriend is cheaper than dating. You can just meet and bang your girlfriend or watch movies or do some cooking together. Nothing expensive with gfs. Except during birthdays

• Getting a girlfriend doesn't mean you need to buy her tons of stuff.

• Sure. You're not ready for one

• there are ways to be romantic and show love w/o spending a lot of money. if you find the right partner, she will share your view and encourage you to save and you do the same for her.

What Guys Said 9

• What? You'd pass on a good girl because of money?
    If you have to spend a lot of money on her to keep her, she's not worth it.

• It's a very logical reason.

If a girlfriend's only benefit to your life is sex, then it's much cheaper to pay for sex, much better quality and quantity too. Choose wisely.

• If you feel compelled you NEED to pay a single dime on a woman you're dating wrong.

• yeah dude you can spend your money in thailand, or in japan dude. no need for a girlfriend.

• Time consuming as well.

• dont have a girlfriend now. Having a girlfriend is wasting money. Enjoy your life. You will find out how beaituful this world is without them.

• Yeah man be more situated in your life money wise to bring someone in.

• thats fine... girlfriend are had to maintain

• Just don't pay for her stuff. It's really not that hard.