Should I let my boyfriend go to the bars?

Me and my hf have been dating since March. He's 19 & I'm 17 so obviously I can't get into the bars unless I have a fake. He and his friends use to go all the time but now that he's "gotten wifed up" as they would say he doesn't go anymore, but recently he's been wanting to go out with his friends and have a good time which I'm all for. I trust him it's just the girls that go to the bars are the ones I don't trust. They know he has a girlfriend, but they text him and they go to the bars all the time and ask his friends about him. They have no respect and when people get intoxicated they are always making the smartest decisions, so I'm trying to watch out for not only myself but for our relationship. What should I do? Should I let him go and just get over it or should I continue to say no or what? Any ideas or opinions would be very much appreciated!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah let him. give him freedom.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's important to still go out with your mates when you're young. just because you can't go doesn't mean you should forbid him to go, after al you don't want him to lose his friends. If you do trust him then thats all you need to worry about, no one is going to just go up to him and start making out with him, even if they're drunk- you trust him so you should trust him to tell them to bug off.

What Guys Said 1

• if he cheats so be it.

What Girls Said 2

• He can do whatever he wants. It would be nice if y'all came up with a compromise or had a nice talk about your expectations, but he doesn't need your permission to go out. I understand that it's a little scary to have other girls hitting on him, but there will always be someone trying to get into his pants that doesn't care if he has a girlfriend or not. You need to trust him enough to know that he won't pursue those girls.

• Yes you are not his mum.