Is it shameful to never want to date nor befriend a fat person?

not sure why, but then i believe they are detested... is it not?

Most Helpful Girl

• Date is understandable if you're not attracted to it, bur befriend is kind of shallow.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well it wouldn't be fair to judge or discriminate a person just because of a certain classification. I mean, you won't like doing that and one day due to some health issue you start to become fat... then wat?
    Not all fat people just have a lazy, sloppy, face stuffing, dirt napping personality. many different reasons.

What Girls Said 8

• It's pretty shallow to not want to befriend someone because of their looks.

Whether it's shameful to you or not, that's up to you.

• i don't get why it's shallow... but then cool, it's how the world/life is.

• It's okay not to want to date someone for multiple reasons (maybe their teeth, height, weight etc.), but not be friends with a fat person is stupid, because he/she can be a good person and you'd never know because you avoided them for some meat on their bones.

• I don't care what you do as long as you don't go out of your way to make "fat" people feel badly about themselves.

• If you don't want to date them I can understand cause probably you are not sexually attracted to them but not to befriend them cause of their weight? I would be ashamed of myself if I thought so.

• You a troll

• no, it's my right to make comments. not your place to ever say who can or cannot.

• Really? Not befriend a fat person? I didn't know weight was synonymous to personality?

• yes ok if you don't want to date one it's ok and understandable but not wanting to befriend one is shallow

• We shouldn't discuss about taste, some people like a *bigger* person and some don't. Personally, I'm a chubby girl (with curves that don't stick out) but I still have a lot, like a looot of friends AND a boyfriend, so I don't see why fat people are discriminated that much...

What Guys Said 5

• People like what they like and dislike what they dislike. I have a few fat friends that I try to avoid fat jokes in front of but there's no way in hell I'd fuck a fat girl ever again. I tried it once since I don't dis it until I try it and about threw up. To me it's more than just a turn off, it's absolutely gross. That was back in 1998 and I'm still traumatized from it (I lost a bet).

• No. I'm super racist against fat people.

Look into statistics of "obese population" then look into the statistics of the ones who have actual illnesses that prevent thwm being skinny.

Like 98% of fat people are just lazy and gross. I don't want those poor life choices influencing me. Yuck.

• Why would you not want to have a friend with a great personality. Besides, she can drop to acceptable weight later.

• friend yes, date no.

• Yeah its shameful