Do you think it'll work out even if we have different ideas about having kids?

me and my boyfriend have been good friends for years before we started dating and now it just feels so right and our relationship is so peaceful and loving (even though we are both hot headed. but we never set each other off, we never argue and always just agree to disagree if our opinions differ) we love being together and are even planning out our future together. for the most part we like each others ideas and have made compromises as well, but there is just one thing that we do not agree on. and we can't just agree to disagree because it doesn't work like that with kids. he wants kids (2 or 3!) and i want 0. i do not want kids. i dont want to be pregnant, i dont want to give birth, i dont want to raise them, and i am just not the motherly type. i do like kids, but only if i see them like ones a week (like when i help my aunt watch hers). i can't deal with them every day. its just not for me. he respects my opinion but still clearly wants kids. now i feel pressured. i dont know what to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• On the long term it won't... as you get older, the feeling of wanting kids gets stronger.. if he doesn't get it by you, i think he would move on with another who wants kids too.

Most Helpful Girl

• It won't work. This is a big issue. He'll leave you for someone who wants what he wants

What Guys Said 1

• if you're not ready for it, i'm afraid you'll have to be firm about it. but let me get this straight, you could buy a pup and raise him and see what it really is to care for a child. although having a child is a different thing, it involves you're on "motherly" feeling and stuff. anyway, if you're not ready, then you shouldn't.

What Girls Said 3

• Well there are exceptions to every rule, but the rule is that no this will not work out. That is something not many people can compromise on/sacrifice and still make it.

• I second this. One of you will have to compromise and one of you or both will be unhappy with that.

• You should let him know about that because it will create a huge problem later on.

• Well you're young and you never know if you'll be for long together so nothing