Is it weird I prefer long distance?

I was thinking about this. All of my relationships have been long distance, as in 8000 miles + away.

I maybe have a fear of actually being in a physical relationship with a woman because I feel like once she sees me for me she will regret it and want out.

I see couples conversing and chatting all the time. But to be honest, I don't talk much and I feel like it would be awkward for her to sit in silence because I can't think of anything to say that's of importance that we can talk about for hours.

Even in my long distance relationships I'm that way. I generally forget everything on my mind when a woman talks to me, even if I'm super comfortable talking with them.

I kind of feel like they deserve better because I'm not like other guys. I generally do my own thing by myself - wakeboarding, water skiing, hiking, soccer, football, video games. I play with friends with soccer and football. But everything else I stay to myself.

I'm not super interesting where i'm able to talk about topics for hours on end to provide entertainment of some sorts.

I think a woman deserves a man who is able to keep her happy.

This is why I like long distance because I don't have to worry about doing this stuff and I can do what I want. Whether it be hanging out with a friend who happens to be a girl (women hate hate hate that) or playing video games.

I also kind of feel like if I did have a close relationship I would fuck it up just by being me. That tends to happen a lot. I walk into a room and things fall apart basically. I mention a word or give advice ~ bam! Lost 5 friends. I laugh at a friend who peed himself while drunk ~ bam! Shunned from my group of friends.

I feel its easier to manage people who aren't around you

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm the same, honestly. Most of my relationships have been long distance. At least for the first few stages of the relationship, the 'getting to know eachother' kinda part, I think ldr gell much better with me. Then maybe we could live together in the future or something. But a lot of my best relationships have been LDRs where I get to visit them irl now and then. (I'm not in the economic bracket to afford 'holidays' but airpane flights alone aren't really all that expensive if you're not trying to book a hotel or anything - I went to Slovenia for ~$100, which is more or less nothing if it means getting to see a gf)

However I think you are much too hard on yourself! I do not think there is anything wrong with you. I think you are exaggerating about losing friends over those things. You must have been hanging out with the least loyal scoundrels in the whole world. Good riddance to them!

As for not being to entertain a girl: 1. you have just written about 5-6 paragraphs of fairly entertainig prose, so. and 2. you aren't obligated to be a social entertainer. When a girls is looking for another human to spend her life with she's looking for more than some idiot with a comedy routine. Most men are ridiculous and think too much of themselves, confidence and social skills are a sham, do not worry if you cannot play the game of deception that is human interaction (the game of social capital), by being honest (and awkward) you will meet others who are honest and it will be better.

Most Helpful Guy

• So you're saying that you have no physical relationship with a woman where you are, I find it hard to believe that you constrict yourself to only LDR when they just don't work... and if they do it takes a lot of trust and a lot of work to make it go the distance.

• That is right. I have female friends. Most of whom I wanted to try to get a relationship with, but they didn't want one or can't.

I mean, I'm on 5 different dating apps. Messaged every single person on my area basically and only ever received one reply. To which she said, "I only am looking for friends" when in her bio she wanted a relationship.

So I stretched and tried several states. Again, messaged everyone with a good message and still to no avail no replies.

The only time I get replies are from women in China. And to be honest, I have no idea how they feel. I don't even know they are real.

I've been catfished twice. The one time I spent 8 months waiting for that person. Traveled to DC to visit them and nothing.

If I can't get a woman online how the hell am I to get one in real life?

• Well than even though the females you do interact with physically are merely friends they still have to like certain qualities you possess why not inquire about them.

• Thanks for the mHo

What Girls Said 3

• You need to try it out because if you don't then you could be missing out on being with a great girl on person who will love you for you. There is someone for you. Just try.

• I have tried. But every girl I have taken interest in either: boyfriend, married, gay or just friends.
      I'm not exactly attractive, so it makes it hard

• I mean, I'm on 5 different dating apps. Messaged every single person on my area basically and only ever received one reply. To which she said, "I only am looking for friends" when in her bio she wanted a relationship.

• Online can be harder than real life.

• Hey I have a friend who is exactly like you. Same experience so I will tell you the same thing I told him. That's your comfort zone.. To truly experience a relationship you need a close one, because someone who knows you in your everyday life can surely make you happy more than someone who lives away from you.
    My advice is worthless. If you don't try it you'll never know 😊

• I have tried asking women out in real life. Either: gay (bi), married or just wants to be friends.

My comfort zone is the entire world at this point. I don't care where you are. If I love you it doesn't matter to me.

• Yes. That's not a real relationship

What Guys Said 0