What did he mean by this?

So yesterday my boyfriend and i went to IKEA to look for a bed for me. I just moved in with a friend, and i said i want to buy a nice bed and not something cheap. He said well you won't be living in that apartment your whole life and will move again, so is it worth buying a expensive bed.
And what if you move in with a guy in the future, than you will have two beds..

Well the thing is.. who is this guy.. is he not seeing him and i in the future togheter?

Most Helpful Guy

• No idea about the guy, but have you looked on Craig's list for a bed? We furnished our whole apartment from Craig's list for very little money. Beautiful queen canopy bed (originally from Bombay & Co.) $260.

Three things to never buy new -- a house, a car, and furniture.

Most Helpful Girl

• No worries here, dear... He is Hinting around, along with being Helpful 'To look for a bed for me'... That down the road, it will be you and him, he is Hoping for a Bed for Two.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• You are looking way too deep into this. Did even buy the bed? Your boyfriend is being reasonable.

• Maybe he meant you two. Man that's confusing. You should have asked him

• He was probably most likely talking about himself.

• Personally I would have asked him right there and then, exactly what he meant by that.

• Omg are you serious? You think you're going to live in that apartment your entire life? Obviously not. That's just a fact. And no he didn't want you to move in with him. Wow.

• Well you should have gotten this already, he was hinting to you that you'd eventually move in with him, he's your boyfriend, so who else could he be referring to? You seriously thought he meant some other guy?

• ^^ This.

Moreover, yr boyfriend has the good sense not to buy expensive furniture at a store whose entire point is to sell cheap furniture. (:
      He has good financial sense.

When the time comes to buy an expensive bed... buy an expensive, high quality bed from a place that sells expensive, high quality beds.