For those of y'all in happy relationships, did you know the person was right for you at the very first date?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, that takes time. You need to get to know that person

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I swore I would never date him because he's also my neighbor, so we were friends for like 6 months at first. One Friday he asked me to go for drinks downtown and he sneakily turned it into a date (I put cash down at the end of the night and then went to the bathroom, 3 days later we were both at the tattoo parlour getting tattoos done and 40 bucks fell out of the back of my cell phone case, turns out he put my money in there while I was in the bathroom) that night we hung out and somehow we ended up becoming something more from that night on. Been incredibly happy together for a year now.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 18

• yes, we both did~ our first date was magical, and we've been inseparable ever since.

(we met online and talked for a month before meeting in-person. but our searches ended that night) :) <3

• Yes, although I didn't know where or if it would go anywhere I knew I wanted to try. An instant "click" of personality and the tension of immediate sexual attraction was there from about ten minutes into our first date.

• Nah, it took the biggest fight in our relationship (almost break up) for me to be like "wow this is a man who can really be there for me and put me first." Though I guess "right for you" is open to interpretation. I knew we were compatible, sure.

• Yes. I knew I wanted to be with him.
    After we got into a relationship, I knew I wanted it to last. And by about a month in, we'd had a few serious conversations about things and I knew I saw a future and he was perfect for me.

• I knew form the first time I saw him that there would be something between us. It's weird, because I didn't really like him at first. it's only years later that anything happened for real and I fell in love. it wasn't a very happy relationship, but I thought I'd share. It was weird, there was an electric feeling between us from the first time, but no attraction, just familiarity if that makes sense.

• Honestly I felt a connection right away.
    I am very much a shy and quiet person. It's hard to get me to talk and open up to new people. But right away when we started to hang out, I didn't feel very closed off. I felt so comfortable around him. Maybe that also cuz we were texting and snapchatting before I don't know haha

• Did I KNOW? No, of course not. But I did have a very good feeling about him right off the bat and had the feeling it was gonna go somewhere.

• I had a pretty good feeling about it, but mostly because I had a very specific list of traits I wanted in a guy and he had every single one.

• I knew from when I saw him and heard his voice that he wouldn't be too bad. But more feelings took a long time to develop

• No ! Lol i honeslty thought that i was never going to go out with this guy.. But i did ! Lol the best things in life come unexpected.. Lifes crazy man.. I hope you find wht you are looking for !!(:

• Nope.
    we met online... for my part it was mainly around some fetishism... we met from a fetish site...
    turned out he was my other half... in every possible way.. and we are engaged to be married this autumn.

• No, we both struggled a lot to make it work. It was stressful and we both got hurt but in the end we realized we are just meant to be.

• Hell no 😂😂

• Actually yes because I realized the connection we had is really rare :)

• Yes ! I knew before we even went on a date!

• Yes. About three hours into our first date. It took the waitress four stops at our table to finally get our order (we had been so distracted by talking we never even picked up the menus)

• Yes, it has been rocky and he broke up with me a few times but now our relationship is better than ever and we're both wanting to be together forever

• Not the very first. It took a while. But that's what dating is. Hanging out until you find know he's rights