My Boyfriend was rating me with his friend and gave me a 8.6?

My boyfriend messaged me and told me he and his 2 other friends were rating me and another girl.
I know "Don't ask a question if you're not ready for the real answer." But, I was ready even if it hurt or not.
I know he wasn't gonna lie to me. He didn't. He gave me a straight up answer. He said I was an average 8.6 and the other girl got a 9.
Yeah, I was pretty upset even if I was.4 under that girl. Yes. 8 is a pretty high rating but, it sucks to know the guy I look at as a 10/10 rates me as an 8.6.
Later that night we talke about why he rated me lower, and he said it was based off "things"
He also told me he sees me as a 10/10 but, if I knew the scale I would understand why he gave me an 8.6.
Why would he say that? Or lie to me? Did he lie just to make me feel better? I know some things guys rate. Based on body wise. But, is it okay for a guy to rate his girlfriend?
Its a silly think to be upset over but, everytime I look in the mirror now I'm gonna look for the thing that made me.4 less then the other girl.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's never okay for a guy to rate his girlfriend. Honestly, he's an immature idiot if you ask me and all this situation proves is that teen dating is honestly really dumb most times. Your boyfriend should have never told you he was rating you in the first place. I know this seems like something that could easily be brushed under the bed, but it's really hurtful to rate people and can cause a lot of self-esteem issues. Your boyfriend was really inconsiderate. Yes, you shouldn't have asked if you weren't prepared to hear the answer, but at the same time, you never wold have asked if he hadn't told you he was rating you in the first place. When I was younger, I may have tolerated that shit, but after dealing with a ton of shithead guys like that, I've realized that i don't have time to let an immature guy make me feel like I'm less than.

I am friends with this couple who've been together since their end of sophomore year of HS. You know what the boyfriend will always say whenever the question comes up about who is he thinks is pretty? He always says his girlfriend is the prettiest girl ever. He never fails to say that. Even when his girlfriend isn't around, he still always says she's the most beautiful to him. He also doesn't do the rate system. Him, his girlfriend, and I have all just graduated high school. The fact that he was in HS and didn't use the rate system is great. It means that it's not necessary nor do all boys use the rate system. Only assholes (in my opinion) would answer that question to their girlfriend.

With my ex, while he wasn't the hottest guy on the planet, he was perfect in my eyes. I loved everything about him from his smile to his eyes to his hair to just... everything. Of course some guys on here are going to say "He was being analytical and you're being conceited," but it's not about that. I can be analytical as well and see all the flaws in my ex looks wise, but I would never rate him and make him feel like he was less than someone else.

I understand that you'll probably stay with your boyfriend even after this stunt, but I would advise that you take note of this and don't let it slide. You need to raise your standards because no matter how good your boyfriend may treat you, if he could say something like that he doesn't care as much as he might let on.

*****REMEMBER: Your boyfriend brought up him and his friends rating you and another girl to your attention. He did. That's not something you casually mention to a girlfriend. Clearly, he

• was just being an asshole. If I were to rate my boyfriend with a friend I certainly wouldn't mention it to him. That's something you do in privacy. I, personally, wouldn't stay with someone who would say that to me. I have self-esteem issues and I don't need to have my boyfriend texting me that he and his friends are rating me. It's disrespectful to me and the fact that he would allow his friends to rate me in front of him is even more so.

• Thanks for MHO! :)

What Guys Said 10

• That is why ratings are such a dangerous thing, these situations arise - Okay ask yourself do you like your boyfriend, does he like you, are you happy? - If yes to all of the above, then enjoy being GF/BF - He does not want to be the boyfriend of other girl, he wants to be your boyfriend that should tell you everything.

• Ahh teen prblems 😂

• Dude.. he is with you and he loves you, right? Are you genuinely so conceded that you think you are the best looking girl in the world?

I know you see your guy as a 10, because thats how girls work, you get all infatuated and semi blind and shit. It doesn't work like that for guys.

• 0|0
  • Think about it this way
    I've got a crush and I'd say they're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen-and is mean it, because to me they are
    But if someone asked me to rate their looks, is try and see it from their perspective-I'd be more analytical and critical, and would probably rate them lower than what I generally thought

• hahahahaha thats funny

• 8.6 is still pretty damn high, when you consider that "average" is around 4.5-6.5.

• If it really bothers you that much, find out what you're missing and try to improve upon yourself.

• There isn't much I can improve on. I'm fit. It's not like I can go to the store and buy a new pretty face or butt or boobs. That's what half the guys rate on really when you're 15...

• Maybe he'll realize it after this

• @lestonsderose yeah I agree with that.
      She must know that there are people he finds more attractive
      But I don't understand why you'd bring it up with your girlfriend, that just horribly insensitive.
      And being 15 isn't an excuse, your not that immature and dumb at 15, he should know bettter

• How does this rating thing works? Based on what criteria?

• Asks a question and gets upset when they receive an answer. Lol

What Girls Said 13

• Personality can reflect your looks as well, he's your boyfriend so he knows more about you. If you constantly compare yourself to other people you'll never be happy. There will be people who will be a 10/10 and then a 5/10 who cares really.

• Maybe he rated you an 8.6 because he knows you and your personality.

Rated her a 9 because he doesn't know her as well as he knows you. Bet if he knew her better she may get a lower rating.

Or she may get a higher rating.

But. I don't think couples should rate each other.

• The answers from guys is inevitable don't listen to them, but if you're 15 years old and I'm guessing your boyfriend is about that age or a little older. He's obviously going to be an immature prick along with his friends. A real man would NEVER rate his girlfriend with his friends.

• Yeah, he is 16. But, he knows everything I've been through and how I dislike the way I look half the time and then he rated me. Yes, he's 16 he is going to be immature but to tell me 2 things at once I don't understand,. I'm a 10/10 yet based on the scale I'm an 8.6?

• Then your boyfriend is dumbass... that's not how you treat someone who is insecure about her looks. You should tell him how it makes you feel.

• Okay, so he shouldn't be rating you and finding all of these things that are wrong with you. That's wrong of him. If he's dating you, then he shouldn't be making you feel unconfident, he should be doing the opposite. Also, why would he tell you about him and his friends rating you and this other girl against each other? That is such a dick move and not very smart of him.

• ugh he seems like such an asshole? why are you dating him? yikes
    even if he rationally knows you're not a 10/10 (and neither is he! don't act dumb!), he should at least pretend? hahaha teen boys are the absolute worst. so my advice for you is:

- either shrug it off and keep dating him regardless, after all, if he wanted the other girl he'd be dating her, not you. try not to care. look for the beautiful things in you! also, try playing a little 'game' with your boyfriend, where both of you keep telling each other things you like about each other ^-^ guaranteed to be nice

- or dump him for not trying his best to be a good boyfriend, and raise your damn standards. if you go this route, though, be prepared to have a lot of disappointments... boys, especially the young ones, have this way of being fucking horrible at being decent. but maybe one day you'll find someone who actually wants to be their best for you, who deserves you being your best for them.

• Is he 15 too? 15 year old boys are idiots! I'm sure you're just as gorgeous as the other girl. Ratings are dumb anyway, ignore the guys.

• Um I'd be fine with an 8.6
    I haven't been above 5 for a while now. Also you shouldn't ask your boyfriend to rate you.

• I'm a 3.3 but with the exchange rate being as it is after brexit I'm risking being a self inposed 2.9!!! lol

• @AndrewMG haha love you! And ftr I never thought you were a 2! 😂

• I'd like to think me and you are too cool for numbers to mean anything anyway! lol

• he is dumb as a brick for rating you against another girl and especially for telling you about it

• The reason he is with you is not ONLY because of your look. You have a lot of other excellence which is the reason of him liking you. I could openly say to my best bud that someone else is prettier then her. But nobody could beat her personality. Which is why she is my closest friend

( took my bestfriend as a example cus im single 😂 )

• Jock boy style...

• i remember this rating thing from when i was in high school. those were the days.

• Superficial question is superficial. He shouldn't compare others to you

• Why is he rating you? Clearly he doesn't respect you.

• I have no idea. He said it's just what guys do. But, I also thought he didn't respect me yet, I don't want to get in an argument with him over something so silly.