Dating best friend good or bad?

Whats your opinion or experience on dating a best friend?

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably more-likely a good thing.

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like I can definitely help here, I actually just got out of a relationship with my best friend.

Overall, It's great. You already have that trust there with her, you understand each other and their needs, it just works really well.

However the transition from best friends to dating is a little rough. You'll have to actively work to break barriers and push physical intimacy. I find from experience you both will always be afraid of losing each other as best friends if 'something went wrong' but the truth is that since you both trust each other and both have each other's back it really can't go wrong. My best friend and I gave dating a shot, we went for a couple months and she realized that she just wasn't ready for a boyfriend in her life so we just went back to being best friends. It was just as easy as I made it sound.

So don't sweat it, only thing to be aware of is that if she's your best friend there's a high chance that she won't want anything more than friendship. I find that most often best friends would work out amazing together, however due to predefined ideals of each other, some people just won't consider a relationship :/

I wish you the absolute best of luck my friend.

What Girls Said 2

• If you two have mutual feelings it'll be perfect.
    I can't say much because I've never thought of dating my best friends before, they're my best friend for a reason.

• perfect.

What Guys Said 1

• Great if the feelings are mutual, bad/awkward if they aren't.