Ladies have you ever paid for a first date and would you ever do it?

What are your thoughts on this?

• Yes I've paid for a first date
  • No I never have and never will.
  • Never have but willing to in the future

Most Helpful Girl

• I have paid for a date before, but I wouldn't pay for the first one... Go ahead, call me old fashioned, a feminist, whatever lol

• Feminist? Nooooooooooooooo!

• Completely agree! It lets them know you're interested

• Exactly!! 👍👍

What Girls Said 25

• I have paid for myself on first dates before, but I've never paid for both of us. If I'm ever single again, I would consider it.

• Well the first guy I dates was rich and wouldn't let me pay even when I offered everytime. Second... I even jumped at the cashier to take my fucking cash but the guy dodged me and paid xD. Third guy I dated... he paid for tickets and I payed for the food and the guy I am currently dating is filthy rich and takes to places I couldn't afford in my dreams so no point trying although I bought meals and coffees and stuff after A LOT of insisting at McD or CCD even though I was kinda embarassed and he found it highly amusing.

• Yes I paid for myself and for the person. But our date was awkward, and it was at a McDonalds... Details are even funnier about how we ended up in McDonalds but anyways. It was funny. I can do that again. I am a strong woman and I am earning my money. There is no condition in my book that says the guy should pay in the first date. I can do that, or we can split the bill. I am fine with that. I rather prefer to watch the guy's behaviors when I pay, or split the bill. If the guy is overreacting I'd be thinking that the guy believes in no equality when it comes to gender, and that's a no-no for me. Or if a guy forces you to split the bill with an unkind manner, then I would think he is a very stingy person, which is also a big no for me.

• Are you guys still dating or are you single now?

• We started living together in our 27th day of dating. Then lived 2 great years together. He got a job offer in another country. And we went to an LDR for 1 year between US and Europe, but it was too costly and I noticed I was preventing him from having certain things in his life. So I ended the relationship after 3 years because he would be happier a bit more than he was happy with me. I had to let him go. So we are not together at the moment.

• Ok cool!

• I have paid for ore first dates than I have had first dates paid for, for me.

• I've only been on two first dates and I didn't pay for either of them, but neither did he. Free dates are the way to go, especially in the beginning. I have paid for other dates though.

• I've never been on a date lol. But I'd be willing to pay, especially if I'm the one who asked him out.

• Thats a good mind set 😊

• I misunderstood this question. I thought it meant if someone would pay me to go on a first date so I clicked no lol.

• Hahahaha that's fine.

• The only reason why I've never paid for a date is lack of money. I'm a student, and I can barely afford to go out with my friends, let alone on dates. In the future, when I'm working, I would love to pay for dates or split the tab.

• I've paid for myself, but not both of us. Haha

• yes I paid on the first date, because the guy was trying to pay off his student loan then he paid for dinner

• nope and nope unless I make it clear before the date that I will be the one paying.

• Never been on a date, but sure. Especially if I was the one who asked him.

• have never would never. guys only expect girls to pay if the girl is like ugly or fat. if you're a bad bitch and he is proud to be seen with you and/or really likes you as a person he's not gonna expect you to pay.

• Hahahahahahaha!!! True dat

• I offered to at least buy movie tickets for the both of us but he wouldn't let me.

• Was that good or bad?

• I don't mind it especially since it was the first date. If we were actually dating then I would feel that it wasn't fair of me to allow him to pay for every date.

• Well next time don't offer just go buy it so he can't say anything. Lol

• Of course I have. The guy isn't the only one that's supposed to pay. I hate all of this "men are supposed to pay" bs.

• I believe in splitting the bill. In the future I would be willing to switch who pays each time.

• I never have but I always offer and would be willing to in the future.

• I haven't, but I'd be more than willing to in the future.

• I have. He wasn't happy about it. But he let me. Cuz I'm stubborn like that

• Lol good for you.

• Ughhhhhhh finnneeeee but I'm blaming you if we cause a scene 😂😂 I think so!! Oh yeah get that too. 😉 your confused and what Turtle? Lol

• @akadatank44 I'll bring the nukes, she's getting a full on nuclear war!

• Bi girl right here.

I have paid on first dates with girls but never with men who forever feel insulted and start arguing with me.

• I've paid for my own stuff, but not his too and I never would either.

• Why not?

• Because it's unattractive to have to pay for a man on the first date. I wouldn't even want to date a guy who would let a girl pay for him on the first date because he isn't the type of guy I'm looking for.

• I know exactly what you mean and I agree :)

• I haven't paid on a first date.. but I pay for many dates in my relationship. Whoever has more money during that time treats the both of us; sometimes it's me, sometimes it's him. Of course he hates when I pay because he wants to be the provider but in a relationship, we both hustle

• Whoever asks pays. I've paid and been paid for. Who ever initiates it should see it through in my opinion. If I am not feeling it (romantically) then I split the bill. Spliting the bill makes it feel like it's just a hang out, makes you more comfortable in a sense so that you don't have to feel awkward about not being into it, hopefully you can coem out of it one friend richer if not oh well it was worth the try !.

• I would pay for myself so he doesn't think I owe him something.

• Owe him what?

• Oh okay.

• That is smart. I do the same, takes the pressure off and gives you time to debate if you want it to go towards something or decide if you want to try to start trying to push it into friend mode.

• No. I've never paid for one and I don't plan on playing for one

What Guys Said 3

• I always pay for first dates and there after. Never a question. Its just how I was raised. I do spilt eventually when we are in a serious relationship

• Omg no. Never paying for first date. Eat n run.

• Only men that fight so women dont pay for their first dates are ones that are too insecured of their "manhood" they are little boys, not men if they think women paying for first date is against their "manhood" which these little boys don't have.

• Not true. But if that makes you feel more of a man good for you dude.

• Will i have to stroke your ego. Duhhh!!! Thats all you have.

• Well*