Would it be a big deal if your partner had old scarrs?

Self-harm scarrs, and i mean old ones that have healed, not fresh cuts. Would this be a deal breaker of some sort? Or would you be fine with it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it wouldn't be a deal breaker. Everyone has their rough patches, and sometimes coping can be hard. It always starts as a choice, but it might not seem like it and sure doesn't end up that way. So, no, not a deal breaker that a girlfriend once had to re-learn her value as a person.

Most Helpful Girl

• around a year after I met my fiancé I told him I felt suicidal (Though I never did any self-harm.) during my middle school years and he just held me and told me it was okay and that he would be there for me. So I think a real life partner should be able to accept the fact the fact that people can have these feelings. Even if they can't help they should be able to at least be there for you.

What Guys Said 13

• My girlfriend has some. It's perfectly fine with me, because I know I'm there for her now. If she has problems I'll help her through it. Not turn her away because she has them.

• The scares would not be the problem for me. But I grew up with someone who had a mental illness and now I don't think I could handle your past without always wondering if you would ever fall back into it.
    Sorry I'm just trying to be honest

• No lol

• Deal breaker most likely if they are actually self harms like you stated which basically means they were physco (idk hoe the FUK you spell that😆) at some point.

• And this here folks, is the way to tell someone who should never get his wick wet. this combination of ignorance, lack of education and intolerance shouldn't be rewarded.

• @Walrus_au whatever man. Saying bullshit how I'm a loser for saying that I said stuff early that could have been written better. I'm admitting my problem which really wasn't that bad first off all and yet you dont see what you did wrong. You continue to try to insult me and honestly I couldn't give 2 fucks bc I don't care what other people think and won't let it mess up my life. and in case ya didn't know wise 40 year old man- I had Fukin brain surgery at the age of 15 for a disease that could have killed me and had other side effects for 4 years before that. I also lost my speech and had to relearn the entire language! Now you try to tell me something that is going to insult me again cause it won't mean 💩. It's just so funny how you think you are being good but in reality you aren't. Fact: in case you didn't know-men who can admit their weaknesses in life are stronger than those that can't... but you wouldn't know that. Agree to disagree bye buddy

• If anything I feel I was too kind to you.

You think it is no big deal to run down others, doesn't feel so nice when someone refuses to give you the time of day eh?

why should anyone so much as give a tinkers toss what you think on the whole thing?

• I'd have questions. But that's about all.

• actually however sick this sounds i was dating a girl and i found it strangely attractive

• It wouldn't bother me at all as long as she wasn't still hurting herself

• not a big one... but yes it would make me feel a bit scared to continue in the relationship

• No, because I have them too.

I'm sure it's different for women regarding men with scars though.

• My arms are covered in what looks like self harm scars but it was me riding a motorbike into a barbwire fence on accident. I hope to fk people don't care cause there's a lot of them.

• it hasn't bothered me. They are a sign of survival and strength.

• Nah not really

• I ain't boning nutjobs

What Girls Said 1

• I'd be okay with it, as long as they were not presently self-harming. As I view it, the past is the past; I was not in their past and therefore cannot change it.