Do you believe in long distance relationships?

I'm entering my senior year of high school and all I can think about is after this year is college and me and my boyfriend going to college no where near eachother. We both really love eachother we've been best friends for 6 years and have been together for almost half a year. Him and I always talk about our future as if we are getting married tomorrow but I know we both are needy people. Do you believe in long distance and do you think we have a chance?

• Yes
  • No
  • Sometimes

Most Helpful Guy

• I met a girl online. She lived 600 miles away, in a different country.

We met in person 2 years later.

She moved in with me 4 years after that.

We got married 2 years after that.

I would not recommend it to anyone (quite frankly it is hell) but it can definitely work.

Most Helpful Girl

• You both have been together for a very long time her, dear, and with so much love invested, a long with time, I see a Future with One another, even in A... LDR.
    Make sure Skype is One of the Most Important factors in keeping Communication open here, dear. It takes Two special people to Take the Time and Make the Effort to keep the Coals burning, and if only One is doing this on His or Her own end, it can Grow and Go dead real Quick in the Wishy waters.
    Mother nature has planted a Nice seed with a most Amazing chemistry with you and your Bestie from the Restie. It's up to you both to Nurse and Nurture this though, so you can find out along the Lines of Communication if it's meant to be Reaped into a Real Romance story one day.
    I know all about LDR. They are one of the Hardest to have and to Uphold of any. However, if a couple Love one another, no Mountain nor Mole hill will keep you apart, you will join hands and climb every step of the Way, just go slow with the Flow of Baby steps every Day.
    Good luck and My blessings. xx

What Guys Said 6

• Only and only if you live within driving distance of one another. I once jumped in to an LDR with a girl in Australia while I was in Eastern Europe - that stuff just didn't work at all.

• Well I am in one... so ya haha they can work and they can fail. But I guess it depends on the risks you are willing to take and how important the person really is to you.

• Tbh the majority of long distance relationships don't work, especially in college. You might be better off going back to being best friends if you're going to college far away from each other

• it's not what I'm looking for but sometimes you fall in love and have no other chance...

• I guess i do if it's the right person, and it's not that long and far.

• No chance nor will you want it to last after a few months.

What Girls Said 15

• It can work it both of you put the effort into it. Communication is key. And make plans to see one another, maybe take turns visiting when you both are able.

• Eh. I'd rather not.

With that said, if there happens to be some INCREDIBLE, insanely 'perfect' man that comes along... I'd do it.
    Fuck it.

- I'd never want to wonder "what if" by not giving him a chance because of distance.

• only if the persons concerned are gonna meet each other at a certain point... other than that... hmmm no

• Only if it involves plans to meet up sooner rather than later and if you plan to see each other frequently.

But going from a normal relationship to a long distance one then obviously the second part is the only applicable part

• I believe that if both people are invested in making it work then it will work. But you both need to be on the same page. Communication is detrimental in making it work as well.

• If you're both mature, committed and want the same outcome it can definitely work. Much like any relationship.

• Sometimes it doesn't work, but for some people it really does. If you really care for him and your relationship then it would definitely be worth a try. Better than giving up and then wondering what could've happened, right?

• If you feel a mutual deep and intimate connection then try it out. If you can see yourself being with this person for the rest of your life then definitely try it out

• Yes. I am in one.

• Yes I would think that they can work out with hard work and determination

• Yes I do ^^

• No.. I recently watched one crash and burn :/

• It won't last. No chance

• There is a saying: "love from afar, happy the four".

• It's not impossible to make them work but extremely challenging and its rare they survive. Over time trust issues start to surface and insecurities develop. You start to feel envious of people they are spending time with in real life, because you know you can't spend that quality time with them whenever you want .

Usually people build an illusion of what their life could be like together , and what the person is like in real life. When they do finallly meet, in most cases, their illusion is shattered because everything is not how they imagined it to be

The only way to make a long-distance relationship survive is if both people are in constant contact, and both make compromises and sacrifices. It'll only endure if one person eventually uproots to live near the other.

You need to be an emotionally strong person to endure a long-distance relationship. I'd rather hold onto my heart until I could hold him in my arm