Can sex before getting into a actual relationship mess up the chances of it happening?

Most Helpful Guy

• For me with the way I fall in love, it'll expedite things. For example, I married my wife and we had sex on the first date. If I had sex with her later, it would have taken longer for us to get married.

That accelerated the whole process of falling in love with her, since I tend to discover the extent of my love (or lack thereof) for a woman through sex.

Meanwhile there was a girl I dated for a while and we had sex a bit later, and that's when I realized I don't really have that deep of a romantic and sexual connection with her. The relationship fizzled out after that and ended up a stale note. If we had sex sooner, it would have ended sooner.

• I'm the same! It's nice to see a guy who thinks this way too

• I agree, it's less common for guys to feel this way :(

That's odd because I have a very mixed group of friends, I grew up with two brothers so I make friends with guys really easily.

Everything you've said really makes sense to me too!

• @Blonde401 It's nice to know that there are others out there who look at love and sexuality this way. @redeyemindtricks also has similar views on sexuality and love.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think sexual chemistry is important to me, so I'd like to know sooner rather than later if I have that connection with someone. I've had sex on the first date and dated that person for months or years and I've had it not work out. There isn't a definitive answer to this really, depends on the people.

What Guys Said 3

• No, I don't think so.

• I don't know, but i wouldn't want to find out.

• not really.

What Girls Said 2

• It can but not necessarily.

• I dont think it should but I hypothetically it could potentially