What are his intentions?

This guy and I have always flirted/texted for like 5 years and then we finally got together and had a little fling for about a month; a year and a half ago, but it was somewhat heavy, I had met all of his family and his family adored me and I thought he did as well, he treated me as if We were together for years, but he was working on his career and really focusing on that and he broke things off with me because he said he just didn't have the time to give me the attention and affection I deserved. And that was that. I would try to text him here and there and he never would respond. But I saw him a year and a half after that at a local grocery store but I avoided him. Then he texted me twice an hour later with the first text saying "hey it was good seeing you again." And the second text saying "I wish you would've said hi though." I never responded and it has been 5 months since that and I can't stop thinking about him but I don't know what his intentions are. I never texted him back because Im in a relationship and I'm not the one to cheat. But I am very unhappy in my current relationship and I can't stop thinking about this guy. I would love to be with this other guy but I don't want to get hurt again. Is he realizing he should've not broke things off with me or does he just want sexual relations? What does he actually want.

What Guys Said 1

• 1. If you are not happy in your current relationship, end it regardless of what might happen with the other guy. Don't stay in a bad relationship until another opportunity presents itself; do the right thing and end it.

2. The other guy did not treat you as much of a priority the first time around. We would all like to think that people change and things can be different. . . but most people don't change that much and reunions usually lead to the same result a second time. If you want to try it (after you have broken up with the current dude,) contact the guy but go slow. If you jump into bed the first time you see him, you are much more likely to be used for sex (if that bothers you.) Give yourself a timeline, like maybe we can have sex after we have been dating for 2 months or 3 months, so that you know this is not just about sex.

What Girls Said 1

• He doesn't want to be ignored. He expected you to say hi to him and when you didn't do that his ego was probably hurt. If he'd wanted to have something with you he would have been more persistent