Which gender dates out of their league more?

• men
  • women
Why do you think that is?

Most Helpful Girl

• If we're talking physic, it's easily men. Because aside from their looks they have many fall backs. Society values more the importance of a woman's beauty.
    In terms of money, career "social class" it's easily women.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think women -- broad generalization but often they seem to go for guys who are taller, stronger, smarter, faster, better job, more mature, more famous, etc. (not all of the above but perhaps some at least).

With guys -- dumber, worse jobs, less mature, not as famous, not as ambitious, etc.

The only case where this doesn't apply is looks, perhaps, but I'm considering "league" as an overall package. Women usually pick men they can look up to, men often follow whatever women pick.

Hope that's not offensive, just the way it seems the world works to me.

• One example: a lot of female groupies exist that throw themselves at male rock stars, and some will actually succeed in sleeping with them. I cannot imagine the reverse ever happening very successfully with male groupies throwing themselves at female rock stars.

• Note that I'm considering "league" primarily in terms of social status. I cannot imagine a female rocket scientist dating an unambitious man with a low social status. It's more easy to imagine her with a man who might be a Nobel prize winner. Meanwhile it doesn't seem too unlikely for a male rocket scientist to actually end up with an unambitious house wife, e. g. Women tend to date upwards in terms of social hierarchy. There are anomalies and exceptions of course (and I'm hoping there will be more and more), but generally it seems this way.

What Girls Said 17

• Men for sure. But I am talking physically, and career/intellectual-wise. They date either lower or much higher league. There are many reasons under many different scenarios. I will try to give some, and some may sound sexist but it is the harsh truth in our society, and these sexist stuff may hurt some people here.

NEGATIVE REASONS:
    For both:
    1) Families force them (yes even in this age)

Men who date higher league women based on the look or career-wise:
    1) Because the woman always met handsome buy gay men in her life
    2) Because the woman is so beautiful and intimidating to men who fear of rejection possibility
    3) Because of rejection possibility no men equal to her look approached her
    4) Because the man is rich and she is a gold-digger

Women who date higher league men:
    1) Because the man wants to guarantee her in his hands and the man actually has many other girls to cheat on her
    2) Because the girl is an actual slut in society's eyes and the man wants to be the another one to fuck her
    3) Because she is stupid, and the man wants to have someone to control
    4) The myth of dumb fuck better if the guy finds the girl to be stupid

POSITIVE REASONS FOR BOTH:
    1) Because the man and the woman are compatible.
    2) Because the man and the woman love each other.
    3) Because they have that vibe with each other

For men who date a lower league:
    1) Because the girl is smart, funny, fun and educated and the man don't care about
    2) Because the sex is creative and good with this fun girl
    3) Because the woman knows how to treat him and how to complete him and make him feel like a real man
    4) Because the man thinks that she'll be the perfect mom for their future babies

For women who date lower league:
    1) Because the guy is smart, funny, educated, kind, romantic, knows how to treat a woman.
    2) Because the man makes her feel like the only girl in the world.
    3) Because the woman thinks that he could be a good father one day for her children

• Men for sure and if the many basement dwellers on here would actually go outside and take a look around sometimes they'd be able to admit that, too.
    It's quite astonishing to see the amount of overweight and unattractive guys with fit women compared to that of overweight and unattractive women with fit guys.

• I think more men date out of their league in looks, and more women date out of their league in terms of popularity.

• It's not the men. Its the women who date out of their league. Men universally can date at any giving time, even when he fails and still ends up with somebody at any age, while women have it extremely hard. Many girls don't want to admit as guys do. But there are those who a very successful.

• Oh, men most definitely.
    And I'm not talking about looks... but personality.

• Men!

• When it's about looks - mostly men, though I have seen many women with men who are way more handsome than them.
    When it's about success - from my experience I can say that not only men but women date down as well. For example I would never reject a guy who is not as successful as me, of course if he has other traits that are good for me.
    Anonymous said good thing below, that's what I think as well : "Who you can date defines your league."

• I've seen a lot more poor chubby guys with beautiful women than poor fat women with hot guys

• Looks wise. Men
    Status or net worth wise. Women

• i think its men

• Men mainly
    Cs women tend to focus on statut an wealth more
    Men on looks

• Based on observations in MY offline life = men do.

• Men by far.

• Women I guess but that's only because in general I think men are the better looking sex.

• Men, they care a lot more about look than women

• I think girls do.

• I've noticed more beautiful women, or women in power with guys with no power or the greatest looks. How many overweight women you see with a fit man? How many fit women do you see with an overweight guy?

What Guys Said 20

• For casual sex women are more likely to date out of their league in regards to looks.

For relationships men are more likely to date out of their league in regards to looks but only if they have more money than the girl they are dating.

Girls will compromise on looks or wealth but never both. They won't get with guys who are both less attractive and less wealthy.

• Women honestly believe they're movie star material if they're even moderately attractive, will not date guys for any reason that basically equates to them not being a celebrity and when they do find a guy who's at that level but doesn't remain at that level for his whole life she'll cheat on him and leave him for someone more successful regardless of if the guys are really just using her for her body.

Women design the leagues to be unattainable.

• Really hard call - I am not a great believer that leagues but for the sake of the question I will go with the stereotypes, in that case I totally agree with @archiz in her assessment.

• Women by far - so many men overlook a woman's crazy just to get laid.

• women easily. men date down women largely refuse to date down.

• Would definitely have to say women. A lot of women have the idea that they're worthy of any guy just because they're women, even men who they know are smarter than they are.

• Me I go for the most gorgeous girl in the room. So men should shoot for women out of their league. Go big or go home.

• Physical it's 100% men I don't know how they do it

• women do better when it comes to dating by far

• women do with the amount of ugly girls hitting on me

• Men. Girls aren't as superficial

• men for sure

• All these women commenting have admitted they date someone better on other questions lol so it just shows how bitter they are, Thank god women irl are happier and calmer.

Women want men richer, taller, stronger. That is out of league lol simple and easy

• Definitely girls. Pretty much all girls get guys but only the hot guys get girls. So average looking girls date hot guys, but hot girls won't date average looking guys

• some women have very high standards so they will only get with what they consider to be high status high calibre men but these guys will certainly date lower tgan themselves but only to use these girls as a pump and dump while looking for a woman on their own level.
    So an 9( out of 10) such as myself will certainly bang a chick whos as low as a 5(fat chick with a pretty face) but im not looking for a long term relationship with a fugley chick. Meanwhile this moped thinks she's better than she really is because a high quality man such as myself was willing to slip her a sausage and thus she will turn down guys that are on a scale of 5-7because they dont measure up to myself then she has to settle for a 1-5 when she turns thirty or else die alone.

• Women! Look at how many date millionaire or go after rich men where as broke guys don't chase rich women.

• It seems like women typically date up so I'd go with women.

• If a woman is dating man then she is dating out of her league.

• Nobody dates out of their league regularly. Who you can date defines your league.

Women can fuck above their dating league.

• "Who you can date defines your league."- That's so true.

• I'll maybe note - because it just sort of agrees with most other comments - that a man's league is based heavily on his status and power and influence alongside looks and charm, while a woman's league is much more heavily based on her looks.

Seeing a beautiful woman with an average looking but famous man is not a surprise to anyone. Seeing a beautiful woman with an unattractive, unemployed man who isn't an artist or activist or some other 'status without money' guy is shocking. Seeing an ugly woman with a famous and decent looking man is shocking.

• Women date up, men date down. That's the golden rule, with no exceptions.