Are my standards too unreasonable?

I have never had a girlfriend so maybe I should be the last person to be nitpicking like this but I still have standards, my question is if they are unreasonable?

I want her to be intelligent, highly educated since I am studying at university myself.
A decent person with a good heart.
Not a smoker.
Not a club girl, since I never go clubbing.
Not clingy, will give me my time and space when I need it.
Physically I need her to be curvy, thick, with 40inch+ hips and big butt and big boobs. I work out consistenly and am in great shape so I dont think I am a hypocrite to require a girl with an amazing body, and I like curvy girls.
I prefer blonde and redhair but this is not a requirement.
I also prefer blue/green eyes but this is not a requirement either.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your dating poll has shrunk like crazy with the 6th requirement. According to a study with many female participants, only 8% of them had an hourglass shape. If we are excluding the hourglass shaped women whose hips and breast circumference is less than 40 inches, you are left with 7%. From which you surely expect only your age group, aka 4%. Then you also want her to be a college graduate, so 2%. Then ideally you want her to be blonde with blue eyes, so 0.5%.
    I don't say that they are unrealistical, but only a really small % of people fit your standards, so good luck with that.

• In hindsight I shouldn't have put a number on it. Its more of an eye test, I know what I like when I see it.

• The hip measurement that is

Most Helpful Guy

• I think being this late without losing the pesky virginity can really screw with your chances of getting a girl that fits your ideal resume.

You're up against a lot of guys who have had girlfriends, who know how to talk to a girl as an equal partner, know how to become intimate with her, know how to lure her attraction.

I think it's better to loosen the standards for your first. After all, you don't even know what you like yet since you haven't had any girlfriends. This kind of resume is based on fantasy, like a dream job without any job experience (you might realize you hate the job you wanted so badly after).

So that's not to suggest you should "settle", but I think as a virgin not just sexually but to this whole love game, you should broaden your standards a bit. Narrow them as you get experience if your first girlfriend doesn't work out, e. g.

• As an example of just physical type, I thought I liked the whole kind of hourglass figure with big boobs, and that's the type I dated initially. But that was based on fantasy, images I grew up with as kid of what sexy was supposed to mean. Over time I found I liked slim girls, who knew?

In terms of personality I thought I'd like the whole kind of sweet and innocent traditional kind of thing. Wrong again -- over my dating experience I found I like independent and ambitious types. I never would have guessed that when I was a virgin.

I thought I'd like girls who are very intelligent. While that's included in the ones I like, I found what I really like are girls who are passionate about something. She doesn't have to be academically excellent, she could be like an artist who has a passion for drawing or a dancer who has a passion for dancing.

Things like this -- it's hard to know what you really like/dislike until you've experienced it.

• I still find those to be eye candy too, but there's like a sexiness in the bedroom and sexiness outside. It's hard to explain until you've experienced it, but sometimes a girl can look stunning in a dress and catch your eyes there, but not really appeal as much to you once you disrobe and you're looking down at her naked body. Slim to me still isn't that eye-catching in a dress, but I found the bedroom attraction to be more appealing to me (not just visually, but in terms of touch as well: multiple senses).

Mainly it's worth trying to open your mind a little bit for the first girl. If you find you don't like her, for example, you'll know from the experience.

• If there's some girl you know who doesn't match that physical type, and it's your first time, you might not be drawn to her so initially because you grew up with all this imagery to influence your aesthetic preferences. But I can generally guarantee that once her clothes come off, that inner beast will come out, and you might be amazed. I think if I lost my virginity to an overweight girl, I would have still been plenty excited (I didn't, instead lost it to a sexually-aggressive girl with a tramp stamp, but she wasn't my type either, still freaking exciting when we got in the bedroom).

What Girls Said 10

• I don't think so. You're not asking for anything unreasonable. As far as education level and body type go, you are just asking for the equivalent of what you are, and everyone has preferences as far as hair/eye color or other physical features go. It is natural.

• They aren't TOO unreasonable but you have to remember, a perfect girl isn't real and a real girl isn't perfect.

• Yeah, a bit too critical. Give more girls a chance and you actually may find what you really love in a woman run deeper than your laundry list. In doing so, you may ACTUALKY get a girlfriend one you adore.

• So which part should I loosen up?

• Everything below Non smoker. She may be a club girl BECAUSE she's single. You won't know a girl is clingy until she IS your girlfriend. You work out but your physical description says nothing of her fitness.
      And the last two, but since they are not a "requirement" you might just as well drop them.

• Whoa, I'm only off by ONE thing on your list.

^-^

Nope, standards are not too high!

• The curvy requirement doesn't come naturally to women, reconsider that one. And what do you consider to be highly intelligent. I for example do not have a degree but do a graduate level job... Do you need paper evidence for intelligence? I'm just curious

• I know the curves dont come naturally to woman but neither do things like height, hair in men. Yet there are plenty of woman who dont date bald men.
      But to your second point, no, you dont need a degree to show you're intelligent, there are always exceptions.

• I probably shouldn't have listed those since they dont mean that much to me. I also have dark hair so I am slighly more drawn to blonde girls. In my experience, girls with dark hair themselves, prefer blonde guys

• Lol you're so right! I do like blond guys!

• White women are not usually "thick" or curvy so yeah. Your expectations are too high. 😂😂😂

• 1-5 no it's not
    6, yes
    7 and 8, maybe but not really since you said it's not a requirement

• why 6 though, whats so bad about wanting an attractive partner?

• Not every girl are natural hourglass shapes, not even if they were to work out a lot.

• Yes but its so common, people do it all the time. I have a friend who's bald, at 21, and he struggles to find woman who can look past it:
      And there's nothing he can do to stop his receding hairline. Just like a guy who's 4'10 cannot workout to become 6'1, but he'll still get rejected. A guy with a big nose cannot workout to reduce its size etc etc.
      This is so common, we all seek what we find attractive regardless of whether people can naturally attain it or not.

• Why not just find a girl your into and see if it works out?-lol. The guy I ended up with (together for 13years, married for 9) was the "opposite" of my type look wise. He loves it now... says he's my exception. Keep your options open.

• Lol it's not about your standards. It's about any girl giving you the time of day. And none has. Even if you had no standards, you still would be alone because you're not solving the problem.

• I've never asked out a girl, and the reason I've never gotten asked out myself is because I rarely go to parties/clubs etc

• ... Lol.
    Well... good luck with that! ^_^

• too much?

• Kind of. But whatevs...
      Who cares?><

What Guys Said 9

• i mean most of your preferences are reasonable. the curvy (especially those measurements) part will significantly narrow your dating options. especially since you "require" it

• Not too high. But some of them. Club girls can be great too. Clubbing is just something to do with your friends and enjoy dancing and drinking. Doesn't mean she hooks up with tons of guys.

Physicallly yeah you can't require someone to be such a and such inches. Just go for someone who you are attracted to.

• Not unreasonable but the more criteria you have in place, you narrow the potential - Your ideal woman could be ever so slightly outside that - Have a completely open range and whoever you go for is just the person you like the most.

• 40 inch hips? That's a bit extreme. I think it'd be very difficult to find a girl with such wide hips unless you are into overweight girls.

• which is why I mentioned curvy, overweight girls are not curvy

• If you think you can find a girl with 40 inch hips who is under 25 on the BMI scale, you're trippin.

• BREH. If you love a girl you'll love her for who she is. Not because she meets your damn check list.

• 1. No.
    2. No.
    3. No.
    4. No.
    5. Maybe.
    6. Yes.
    7. No.
    8. No.

• Not really, they sound okay to me.

• Nope. THats fine

• Bitter women here would tell you it is dumb but no man, hold your standards. Its your choice