Have you ever dated someone that later disappeared?

What was your reaction and did you ever find out why that person disappeared? I dated this girl for a couple months. We were suppose to go out on a date last weekend but she simply disappeared. I know where this girl works, so I decided to go to her work and talk to her before she entered work. I wanted to at least end in good terms and remain friends. However, to my surprise she was not there. I passed by her workplace several times during the week and she was not their either. Now I am beginning to wonder if she was in a car accident or if something really bad happened to her. Another theory that I have, is that she could simply be having fun with friends. I know she was suppose to go on a road trip with some friends, so maybe she went on the road trip early. Another possibility is that she is hanging out with a guy. During one of our dates, she mentioned that a married guy friend was visiting her and staying at her place. The problem with my second theory is that she is a single mom, she needs money. So, I cannot imagine her not going to work. I wish I could talk to her face to face so I can continue with my life. If she is not interested in me, I will understand. However, not knowing what really happened will always have me thinking what if.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's strange.

But yes, a few years ago when I was a senior in high school I was seeing a 21 year old guy, and I always knew he had drug issues (hardcore drugs if I may add) but I thought he wasn't addicted, and perhaps he would quit. One night, the night he was supposed to meet my parents and then take me out for dinner, he just disappeared. I waited and waited and he never showed. I called and texted him... The rest of the week I waited and called a few more times, and nothing. A whole month passed, and I thought he OD'd on drugs or something bad happened... But then one day I was driving in town and looked over and saw him riding in his truck with his friend, smokin cigs and laughing. I later found he got too high on a certain substance the night he was supposed to take me out, and so he just decided to end it altogether I guess.

People say goodbye in different ways.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had a couple girls disappear , one I had meet at this restaurant I go to , we used to go party at the same bar some nights as well , we had talked a lot of times last 2 summers and I felt we were fairly close. at the end of last summer she told me she was going on a trip to spain for a couple weeks and that was the last time I ever saw her , been back to restaurant she used to work at every summer and she is no where to be seen and not at bar she used to go to every night either. no clue where she is , I tried finding her online but all her accounts are locked and I cannot view them or her pictures to figure out where she is , none of her co-workers have said anything about her either to me , they must know I'm wondering at this point

also had another ex take off , I had seen her on new years and she mentioned something about a job in Thailand , I didn't take whole thing that seriously at the time but around march she left and hasn't been around here since and not a word from her either , guess she is just gone for the time being , it feels weird that she isn't around , she always used to be here during the summer

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, he ended up having some major ex girlfriend drama. And then I think he started doing drugs. I don't know. I can't keep up with people who lose contact.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes. I went out on a couple of dates with this girl. The first one went well. The second one, she decided to bring a mutual friend along. After that, she disappeared for no reason.

She was basically a middle schooler trapped in a college-aged girl's body. Very immature and addicted to drama. There was some trouble brewing in her family and I think she used both that trouble AND our dates as an excuse to create more drama.

• its called ghosting.. women will do it for various reasons

• Nope.