Can anyone relate? Do you hate waiting on someone? Like you don't know if it's wasting your time or if it'll be worth it so you just sit in limbo?

I'm honestly just bored out of my mind... It's summer vacation... I don't work.. It's my time for "fun..." before my last year at college. I've been trying to meet this guy who I've had a crush on for years but never actually met before. I recently added him on fb and he is super receptive one minute, and then he goes MIA. He said he definitely wants to go out, and told me he is off this Thursday and Friday... But then he went MIA the last 2 days when we were planning on where to meet or what to do. I've messaged him twice now.. Won't anymore.. and they are not marked as seen, even though he has been online so I know he knows it's there. Sooo... I'm waiting and waiting and waiting... I feel kinda pathetic because I should have more of a life but because I have so much free time it's as if I have no patience and all I can think about is going out with him. I came on here to vent and find others who can relate to help me keep a peace of mind, but really I am getting so anxious. It's already almost 4pm, and I have yet to hear from the guy. I just want to meet him... One chance... I know I interest him visually, he doesn't know me otherwise... But ugh I honestly just hate not knowing if he's talking to someone else, or what he thinks of me, or why he hasn't responded... I've been trying to keep busy but it's kinda hopeless. What's a girl to dooooooo

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he is busy. Ask him why he leaves so many times? But for real, I have this same issue with my girlfriend LMAO

Most Helpful Girl

• Hahaha I love reading this as I can imagine all the faces you've made while writing it. Don't wait for his reply girl, there are plenty of other fish in the sea! Wait for him to go after you, as a lady you are not supposed to do all the work, make him nervous not yourself! If he ain't in for it, someone else will be for sure ;) good luck!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• It doesn't sound like he's very interested in you dear. That's not a good sign at all. He should be excited to meet you and willing to make a effort. The fact that he doesn't tells me he isn't that into you and might have feelings for someone else. I feel like the longer you wait on him the worse it will become and the more hang up you'll get. If you keep "waiting" on someone it becomes impossible to forget about it and have fun or relax. You need to get move on from him and start focusing on meeting other guys and hanging out with your friends.

• Never put your life on hold waiting for one guy to get back to you if you're not regularly dating. Keep your options open elsewhere. Say 2-3 at a time and only if you can see good things in your future with those guys. If one makes the move first and you click then so be it and if the other bails, you didn't waste your time and you didn't miss out on being with a great guy.

• Well I do have my options open... I'm just super picky and he happened to capture my interest. It rarely happens where I like a guy. It sucks bc he's the only one I want to see and I have maybe 15 other guys asking me out for today and tomorrow and I don't want to.

• Oh I understand that struggle very, very well. Most of the time they never realize that you picked them as the best out of the bunch and that you'd drop every last guy for them alone. But eh they don't see it like that. It's... disappointing.

• Yes!!!

• I would think if someone is interested they would make an effort to hang or at least talk/message more. If he's going MIA he may not be that interested. Find something (really anything) to do. Take your mind off of him and maybe find someone else. Never wait for anyone because more often than not its a waste of time. I've waited before but Im not patient so I gave up. Sometimes its better to do that especially early on before you invest more time and feelings.