Am I too sweet? Is this a problem?

I have a girlfriend that dated a real jerk for three years, the guy only showed affection in intamcy, with a gift here and there. When they would go out he was always on his phone and if he ever showed any sweetness it was once in a blue moon. My girlfriend obviously went nuts over this guy she really tried everything to get him to pay her attention a real player this guy no offense but he was what many girls call a Fboy... I'm not like that. I understand that there should be a balance, too much of a good thing is a bad thing. My girlfriend and I recently had a conversation that because a guy (like me) is too sweet it drives girls to look for those kind of guys that pose a challenge and sometimes leads to cheating... I was shocked to hear this because i honestly love this girl. My girlfriend is the serious more reserved type. The kind of girl that isn't very affectionate but when we are in the right place and in the right time she can be very loving. I don't care what this girl gives me or not I love her for who she is and what she stands for. She has made her mistakes and I have been faithful to forgive and give her opportunities to be a better person. I'm all about love... I listen I know I can fix everything but I'm there when I can. I get her what she needs and indulge her with spoils once an while. I text her every day letting her know she's loved with a goodmorning babe, how's it going, how are you doing and I love yous... She usually responds to me in a more serious tone and more dry you could call it. But that's how she is I love her regardless... My question is... Can being overly sweet make a girl cheat? Is this a correct logic? She has cheated on me with her ex and now she has left him because he has another girl which he loves with. My girlfriend and I have been going through a lot of struggle to keep our relationship afloat especially with the whole trust issue... But I don't want to lose her... What do you guys recomend?

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest, I think she is pretty lucky to have a guy like you, but on the other hand I can understand where she is coming from in relation to how she many not like being overly affectionate towards other people or like affection towards herself. I personally don't think that being overly affectionate should give someone the right to cheat so I think that maybe you should talk to her and see if you are both on the right page in your relationship, maybe she would prefer if you didn't show as much affection or maybe its a sign that she is getting tired of the relationship. Hope this helps! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• "She has cheated on me with her ex" WFT mate? Who are you with this whore?
    Where is your self respect? You are stupid and really weak guy...
    Maybe she is right... She wants challenge and you might be too sweet but being like that you are being a door maat and she is a bitch because she cheated on you already...

Dump this bitch and put her out of your life... And so bring so damn nice to women... if you want treat them badly but don't treat them nicely... They don't deserve it...
    Cause when you treat them nicely they cheat on you

What Girls Said 2

• I dont think she was in love with u all along

• You deserve better than her
    If you keep forgiving her she will make the same mistakes over and over again. Maybe worse mistakes. Its not ur fold that you are so sweet. I love sweet boys and that's why you deserve better

What Guys Said 5

• I think that u can be overly sweet. You should watch out for those situations when she is feeling it too. Then it's the right time to be sweet. It gets boring if being sweet becomes too much of a routine. Girls also enjoy it sometimes if they also have to put some afford in to get your attention. Means that u shouldn't always do what she wants and u shouldn't change your life just to suite her mood

• Being too sweet, as much as I hate to say it, is dangerous. Most girls don't want a guy like that anymore, sadly. And, if you continue, she could see you as a push-over. I was too sweet to a girl once and she ended up assaulting and taking advantage of me. Just some food for thought.

• Standard story of neglecting the decent guy which never works. You need to stand up for yourself on this tell her how you feel then get some distance as it makes the heart grow fonder

• Don't be too nice, whether or not you want to believe it she WILL take advantage of you. If she cheated on you, you deserve better.

• Yes.