Why doesn't he text back if he is acting nterested?

I've been talking to this guy for the past week and we seem to always hit it off. Our conversations full of substance and flirting and we've even made (sort of) plans to meet up for dinner and meet up the next time my daughter is with her father. He lives an hour and a half away so the only way we can continue to get to know each other better is through text but he never initiates them. I always have to and every time I do he talks about meeting up and flirts with me but like I said, he hasn't texted me first once. I know most of you will tell me to wait for him to text me and that's what I'm doing right now but I'm the type who goes after what she wants and isn't afraid to text first. I just don't want to come off clingy or desperate, which I'm not. what I want to know is why do guys respond to your text and flirt and sound interested in you and even attempt to make plans with you but they won't text you first? Is he shy? An introvert? (I'm both introvert and extrovert but heavier on the latter). Is he just looking for a hookup?

It's frustrating because I don't know what it is about this guy that is so interesting. He isn't like the usual guys I go after and he has my attention but sometimes I feel like I don't have his.

What Guys Said 1

• Careful with the "he's not like the other guys" talk.
    At any rate, the game is on!

• I'm saying personality why he isn't like the other guys I am usually interested in. And I'm not quite sure what you mean by "the game is on". 😅

What Girls Said 1

• He dislikes texting. I can understand him to be honest.