Am I too controlling? Asking my girfriend not to wear anything to revealing? Butt being exposed or her boobs?

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for a year and two months. She is 18 and I am 17. She s moving back to her home country and I am staying where we met. She is honeslty one of the best things that has happened to me. Currently she wants to change the way she dresses, acts, people view her, and possibly a tattoo and piercings. This is all came down on me at the same time and she just told me that she never liked the way dressed during the time we have been dating. Is it fine for me being scared of her turning slutty? Is it okay for me to ask her not to wear anything to revealing, having her ass or boobs out and no mayor cleavage? Like I am fine if it makes her butt look good for her boobs as long as it isn't skim tight. I am kind of in shock for all the change going on. I really do love her and care. I feel like her boobs and butt should be something more private and special for later on. I want to save myself for her. Is it too much too expect back? I think it is reasonable for me to ask of her this. We both want to wait for marriage. It is like not showing my dick to someone who likes me.

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
  • A little bit
This is just something that I would prefer. If she doesn't do it is her choice and I won't break up with her or anything like that. I just want to know

Most Helpful Girl

• While I could see her viewing this as controlling, and I'm the minority here I'm sure because women these days want to do what they want, I've never understood why a woman in a relationship would put her entire butt and breasts on display for the world unless her guy just liked it that way. I respect my husband and absolutely love to show it off for him, but to go out in a skirt short enough that my butt cheeks are hanging out before I need to sit or bend over with a sliver of fabric covering my nipples is just disrepectful to me. Can you see a little of my cleavege? Yep, I have big boobs so there's a lot of it, but I don't deliberately wear something cut to my belly button because I feel like thats disrepectful to him. Again, that's just me.

What Girls Said 8

• I fail to see how wearing clothes makes her slutty. I mean, I'm 24 and only slept with one guy (who I love) and sometimes it's just fun to dress a little revealing. Makes me feel good!

Anyway, yes, this is pretty controlling. As long as she stays faithful to you, it doesn't matter how she dresses. Now, if she changes her entire character, that may be grounds to rethink the relationship. It sounds like her clothes are not the only thing she wants to change.

• Look, let her wear whatever she wants. If she loves you and wants to "save herself for you" or whatever christian kids are doing these days, she's gonna do it. Trust her a bit, ok? She doesn't sound like the type who would wear skimpy clothes to get male attention.

• too controlling suggests its ok to be controlling if its moderate. its not ok i understand you love her and you can voice yr kinin but you can't tell he what to do. and if who she is isn't what you want to be wit, then pull have to leave her. her life is her journey. she can share it with you if she chooses but you can't modify her. its her life. hard as it might be to accept.

kew in mind., you doing what you want 'for' her is not comparable with her doing what you want for you.

• Yeah dude, lay off you're not her parents. Maybe she is doing it for you?
    Are you scared she is trying to impress a new nigga? Then if that's the case you have trust issues as well.

• It is not okay for you to want to change her. That is controlling.

• I had a girlfriend who did go slutty and because I didn't think about her wardrobe update as a girlfriend I ended up losing her to another girl.

• That is very controlling.

• You have no right to tell her anything

What Guys Said 7

• I think its fine to not want your significant other putting themselves on display while they are in a relationship with you. Especially if they used to be more modest when you first met.

However, girls tend to have a "kiss my ass, its my way or the highway" attitude about things like this.

• Yeah too controlling. Let her wear what she wants. It's not slutty, it's a style.
    Flirting with one man after another and more -> that is slutty

• I actually feel like you're justified. People are saying that it's her body and stuff, but you don't dress with major cleavage and skin tight clothes for YOU, you do that for men.

• It is controlling but I think it's justified. Loyalty in a relationship is important but too much of it is controlling.

• well it is controlling but thats not a bad thing. a decent women would listen to you.

• Let her be the judge of it. You're not her dad.

• Look at it like this... If she ends up being a slut and sleeping with some dude in her country (more than likely) wouldn't you be better off without her? And if she doesn't, awesome, you got a catch.

Don't try controlling a female, it's basically like trying to catch a shark with a plastic bag. You will fail.