What Should I Do?

So there is a boy that I am attracted to and I know that he is too. The only problem though is that I am a Christian and he is not, he says he is but he is not. I know that my parents and many other people would not approve of the relationship. Many people have even told me that he is a jerk and that if I ever got with him they would kill me. We both have many things alike and we are constantly around each other. Should I let him go, try to make him better, or completely just go for him.

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel your pain. I've had interest from non Christian girls before but something holds me back even though I so desperately want a relationship. You have to think of the big picture though. Could you both eventually clash because of religious differences? Would he try and pressure you to sleep with him and not understand about waiting? Would he wean you away from God over a period of time? Is he just saying he's a Christian to please you? Is he open to the idea of Christianty? People can change yes but they have to want to. You can't force it upon them. I had a family member who married a non Christian and it ended really quickly. She was convinced she could change him and he even went along with her beliefs at the beginning. But it turned sour after a few months and they divorced. We all knew he wasn't good for her but there was nothing we could do. Her mind was made up. I guess you could give dating a go. But be aware. It could end in heartbreak. I really really understand how you feel and how much you want a boyfriend. But be honest with yourself too. Pray and ask God what to do. He'll show you. Are your parents really strict Christians?

• Thank you so much this is the best advice yet. And yes my dad is actually a pastor so yes my parents are very strict parents.

• Thank you so much! :)

Thanks for MHG 😊

What Guys Said 3

• F*ck your family, honestly. The ones who are the jerks are the ones being so judgmental about him and threatening to kill you for dating a non-christian (sounds like those people are better suited living in Afghanistan than a free, secular country). I say don't date this guy as long as you are still dependent on your family, but I advise you to go live on your own as soon as possible.

• it doesn't sounds like its worth it. up to you if you really like him

• unless you only exclusively date people from your church not all the guys your going to meet are going to be Christian or even religious. the reality of dating is everyone has different views and such , not everyone is going to be the same religion , have same views of life as you. can't really expect every guy your going to date to be the same

What Girls Said 1

• You're under 18. It's not like this is going to last. Date and have fun. Then date someone else when you're ready to get married