Would you forgive your cheating bf/gf?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

Most Helpful Girl

• You have to forgive him/her for your sake and move on. If you lack forgiveness, you will grow very bitter and this will reflect and cause problems for future relationships, and even your marriage to eventually fail. It will stagnate it, and make you grow physically ill and cause tremendous and unnecessary stress. I would avoid dating someone who still lacks un-forgiveness in a past relationship. They will eventually target and take the stress out on you, if you do something that reminds them of the offense. So unless you can handle a person like that, it's advisable in my opinion to avoid them at all cost until they forgive. They are still bitter and miserable about the cheating. Let go, before you end up hurting an innocent person because your still angry. Or seek professional counseling.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't get that forgiving part and never will.

No, they don't deserve my forgiveness and that would be the end of the relationship.
    I pick myself up, move on with class and continue my life. Calm and quick. No anger, no screaming, no violence. The next day will be my new and first day of me being single again like nothing happened. That ex of mine wouldn't have my trust any longer.

What Girls Said 16

• Absolutely not. Been with my boyfriend for almost 5 years and if he cheated he'd be dead to me instantaneously.

• if s/he was honest and upfront about it, i might be inclined to eventually forgive (though not stay with) that person.

• It depends on the situation and the extent of the cheating. I might be able to forgive a singe drunken mistake- maybe- depending on the circumstances. I could never, ever forgive a long term, premeditated affair.

• I would forgive, but I wouldn't stay with them. And I wouldn't forget. And I would no longer trust them.

• No. Upon entering any relationship, I make sure that it is clear to him that I won't tolerate it. I won't go digging for evidence, but if I do find out that he is, I will confront him and exit the relationship. I also make sure that he understands that he can expect the same from me. If I'm tempted to cheat, it's evidence that I'm not invested in the relationship, and I will end it before beginning another one.

• No. There are some lines with me that you don't cross. That's one of them.

• A few years ago, I'm sure I would have. Now, I don't think I could.

• Forgive them as in taking them back and still staying with them, NOPE. They already had their chance of being in a relationship with me and by cheating, he decided that he didn't need me anymore in his life.

• Basically, they are already breaking up by cheating and in such a disgusting way because they are pretending to be an in ok relationship and that things are ok when nothing is ok.

• Cheating is cheating. The reason someone cheats is because they miss something in the relationship or can't control their urges.

• If there is a problem in the relationship, come to me about it so we can (at least try) to fix it. No need to sneak around like cowards "getting what you need from someone else"

• never ever

• No, I wouldn't. A betrayal as big as cheating doesn't deserve even an ounce of forgiveness,

• Nope :-)

• No I don't think it's worth it if there's alof history involved and the relationship is good. No point in leaving one man for another that's gonna do the same thing.

• Nope!

• Nope

What Guys Said 13

• i can forgive. doesn't mean i can date them, trust them or anything like that though

• Depends how much you love them, depends if something in the relationship wasn't the way it was and it wasn't corrected.

• Forgive yes, forget most probably not.

• Maybe after we broke up

• Hello to the fucking no. Kicked to the curb asap.

• Forgive, won't forget, sure as well won't stay together.

• Nope, if you bounce, so do I.

• Definitely not.

• As far as getting back together, no way.

• In all honesty it depends on how you feel about said person but even still regardless they still made that choice no one else

• I would forgive, but that's the end of it, I don't know her and she doesn't know me anymore.
    No coming back, no being just friends, no bullshit.
    The end.

• There are absolutes in this world and this is one of them.

• nope