Does anyone else think dating is stressful?

I think I'm going to take another break from dating. That shit is stressful. Its not necessarily the people its the entire damn system. Like the rules put in place by society that everyone must follow, the whole dating game and the hoops you have to jump through and the timeframe and pace you have to do it in, and you have to do it all in the right sequence and all the damn conditions have to be just right or else you'll ruin everything. I don't understand how people constantly date continuously never taking a break or time for themselves. I wish I could be like those of you who actually think its fun. That's fascinating.

I like getting to know people and I do think dating can be fun at times but over all its too draining for me. Am I weird or what?

Most Helpful Guy

• --Like the rules put in place by society that everyone must follow, the whole dating game and the hoops you have to jump through and the timeframe and pace you have to do it in, and you have to do it all in the right sequence and all the damn conditions have to be just right or else you'll ruin everything.--

That's how you think about it and that's the problem, too. No rules are set by anyone. There are no obligations, there are agreements. Overall, it's too cynical so it's best if you take time out.

• I mean yeah you don't have to follow the rules but if you don't follow the rules you're penalized for it and that's why everyone does it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't even find some one to date me

What Guys Said 17

• I used to experience a level of anxiety before and during a first and second date.
    It was not helping the situation. I realized it is all in my head and a different attitude might help.

Now when I go on a first or second date I accept it for what it is and have absolutely no expectations. I no longer try to impress her in any way out of my normal personality as that is where I am the most comfortable.

My overall attitude is before the date begins I really have little to no idea who this person really is. I have no hopes of the date leading to another date and eventually into a relationship. No expectations. Therefore, no stress and no let-downs.

• Yes. Personally I feel like I spent more time trying to build/keep the chemistry flowing. Being from NYC a city where most people are always looking for the next upgrade while trying to out " I care less than you" each other dating started to feel a lot more like a competition. Especially when the girl was particularly attractive. I'm going on 2 1/2 years not dating and life has been MUCH less stressful on my mind and wallet

• You sound like the male version of me. Not so much stress on my wallet but pretty much everything else.

• Yup it sucks but I look at it as ample time to work on bettering myself. Hit the gym etc.

• Yes it is. I try and try, and it just gets me nowhere. Then the people that I'm not attracted to, try and talk to me. I just walk kindly reject them and leave. Not gonna fake something if I don't feel anything for them at all. The online dating is worse lol

• Yes because I've never dated anyone

• it can be sure, but nothing in life is without its stresses.

• That's true but its something that's HIGH stress for me

• If a relationship is causing stress it shouldn't go on any further. A relationship lots of trust, respect, loyalty and good connection shouldn't be stressful. In my experience, I had a bad relationship that was very stressful for me.

• This guy does.

• I think it's easy.

• It's finding the right person that is stressful.

• yeah me too.

• I think EVERYONE thinks dating is stressful.

• You can't always get what you want the easy way.

• Dating can be exhausting and just thinking about it

• No doubt dating is stressful, but in the end when you find someone that loves you and wants to send their lives with you, it makes it worth it.

Also its good to step away and take time off to rejuvenate and find yourself before going on dates

• Yes it is

• I dunno. I mean look at jmarbles. she knows wut she's doing

• Yes.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes I agree completely. I'm not dating until someone can prove to me that I can completely trust them and feel comfortable around them. I enjoy being single though

• And thats why I don't date or get into relationships.

• Ugh yes, I hate dating, I hate being single and trying to meet men. The actual dates are fun, but the rest is just a pain in the arse!

I like getting together with someone, and having a relationship, so I suppose dating is worth it in the end.