Should I believe this guy if he told me his internet was down & so he couldn't reach me? Or is it an excuse?

I asked this guy out last Monday, online.. We have not met yet, ever.
Visually, I know I'm an attractive woman, and so taking initiative has always been okay for me. The thing is, he responded he definitely wants to go out and told me he was open the end of the week... But then the end of the week came and Thursday night he told me his internet was down as a reason he couldn't reach me. He also does not have a phone since his broke, and since he's probably broke, he hasn't boughten one since. He is in a band and doesn't work otherwise, that I know of. I told him to message me to plan something once his internet is back.. He said it would be back up by yesterday and I have not heard anything from him. He seems quiet and shy. I don't see any female activity on his Facebook except a relationship a few years ago. He's 26. I'm 21. I want to meet the guy, and although he tells me he is very into talking more with me and meeting me (we haven't spoken that much online really, just a few messages exchanged about Travel and music), I don't understand why he kinda flaked on me. We live 30 min apart and I would have to drive since he also doesn't have a car. could his reasons be honest, that his internet was down? It's just yesterday I saw him post something online to another page... So if his internet was up at that moment why didn't he open my message and get back to me? It still shows my message as unread (the one asking if he'd like to plan for a day when his internet is back). Also, it shows the blue messenger sign.. Which I thought is only possible through having Facebook messenger on a phone. I've toyed with the idea that he could have went on his brother's phone since they live together... And so he remains signed in on there but I don't know... It all seems too fishy. Am I looking too much into this?

Most Helpful Girl

• He might have been bored/lazy.

What Guys Said 1

• dont believe him. its a common excuse. even i do that

What Girls Said 2

• Online or Off here, dear, if any guy really Likes a girl, wants to Meet up, he will Move Heaven and Earth and any Mountain to Get in Touch with her.
    Yes, I Feel a raw Deal with Lame excuses on his Part, not very Sincere in his own Heart.
    Good luck and you Deserve better than this Guy with no try. xx

• He's just not that interested. Don't waste your time.