Guys, Boyfriend thinks I'm cheating on him?

To make a long story short, my boyfriend thinks I'm cheating on him because I let a guy I work with drive me home. My car has been completely unreliable lately so my boyfriend has been driving me around for the last week until it gets repaired (about another week or so). The problem is that my boyfriend is always really late picking me up because our schedules conflict. It was raining extremely hard when I was finally done with work and as usual my boyfriend didn't show up at all and ended up calling me apologizing for his absence. At this point I decide to call a taxi to take me home but one of the guys I work with offers to give me a ride because we live only a few minutes away from each other. We are acquaintances so I agree because I'm already getting drenched in the rain and don't have many other options. I agree and all he does is drive me home but now my boyfriend thinks that we did something while we were together (which is absolutely not the case). It really hurts me that he would think that because we've been dating for several months and he knows I'm not the type to cheat. Why would he even think this? Later on that day he asked me how I got home and I didn't want to lie so I said a friend from work. He just automatically assumed that I used the opportunity to cheat on him which totally infuriates me because we've both invested so much time in each other and I love him more than I've anybody else. Did I cross the line by allowing someone to drive me home or is he just blowing this all out of proportion? Thanks in advance for answering my question :) Guys, would this be enough to make you think your girlfriend is cheating on you?

2

What Guys Said 2

• "Why would he even think this?"

Because he knows enough about women to know how often they cheat (all the time).

"Guys, would this be enough to make you think your girlfriend is cheating on you?"

There's a real simple rule I live by: If she's been out of your sight longer than 30 seconds, she's sucked someone else's dick.

The thing is, I don't care. I know all women cheat, all the time, and are incapable of loyalty, so I don't expect it from them any more than I would expect a dog to be able to change the tires on my truck.

Not caring makes pretty much everything about relationshits a lot easier.

• "If she's been out of your sight longer than 30 seconds, she's sucked someone else's dick"? That sounds very extreme and obviously doesn't apply to every single relationship in the world. Loyalty and faithfulness do in fact exist :) Not caring sounds like the end of a relationship to me. Just my opinion :)

• So he's paranoid. What do you want?

• Just wanna see if I'm in the wrong. Would this be enough to make you question your girlfriend?

• No. But I am not him. Or a "typical" man.