Have you ever been ghosted?

I had three excellent dates with a guy. We talked and laughed a lot, made out, etc. He also made sure to book another date at the end of each one. Well fast forward to today when we were supposed to meet for our fourth date. We didn't have concrete plans but we did agree to meet today. Well we texted back and forth all week (mostly initiated by him) and things seemed okay except today nothing but silence. I send a text "Are you still up for meeting today' and silence. Needless to say I'm quite disappointed. Does anyone have similar stories of ghosting?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is an unusual point in your relationship to have some drop you. If it happened after the first date, I would understand it as a cowards way of not telling you that "I don't feel any chemistry between us." He dated you three times, so you had his interest.

You say that you made out so I assume that means you did not have sex; is that correct? At this point in a relationship, usually you are not so established that you are beginning to have conflicts that lead to a break up. This is the honeymoon phase of dating. The only plausible explanation for being ghosted at this point is that he was already in a relationship that had problems, he started dating you, then he resolved things with the other girl.

I would wait to see if he lost his phone, battery went dead, had family emergency, or some other reasonable explanation for no contact. If you have not heard from him within 2-3 days, it is over and you need to move on. If that is the case, you may never get any explanation for what happened and that sucks. . . but that happens sometimes and it's just the way it is.

• I'd assume the fact that she didn't give it up is what made him move on.. Which is God for her though ya know? She dodged a bullet. All he wanted was sex probably

• @Puppylove94 What you suggest is possible, but she said they had three excellent dates and had progressed to the point of making out. If I had been the young man, I would have been thinking that we'll probably be having sex soon.

• Or fighting the urge to tell your crush you like her. Your friends beforehand, but the minute you decide to reveal it she's starts acting all weird. Treating you like a stranger basically

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

What Guys Said 20

• Have you ever been ghosted? - No.

If you actually want a comment - I don't see this as ghosting (yet). You have been stood up for some reason but I wouldn't call it ghosting unless it's been at least a few days and the guy has obviously disappeared. He might have been hit by a car, had stomach issues, etc, combined with his phone crapping out. Wait and see. I'd text him asking if he's ok and to reschedule but I wouldn't send more than one text before getting a reply.

• Totally. I met a girl on OKC who ticked a ton of the right boxes for me, physically and personality. We went out for dinner, she came back to my place and spent the night. Emailed for a week chatting about stuff and then poof! She vanished. Never saw or heard from her again.

• what happened to your girlfriend?

• @thewanderingme Totally... I was 33 when I found myself doing it again and it's a real shitshow sometimes. Two years of that and then we got together.

• how did you meet?

• As others have said, this is a very strange phase in the relationship to randomly disappear. Either he randomly got super busy today which I guess could happen or he decided (in a pretty unfair and cowardly way) that he didn't want the relationship to progress to the fourth date. Either way, I'm pretty confused and I wouldn't do this to someone and I'd let them know if I thought it wasn't going to work out.

• The only thing in can think of when ghosting happens is that the person started developing feelings. Then run.

• I met a woman online, we had plans for me to come out to spend some time with her (I was living in Utah her in California) somehow between me leaving salt Lake and arriving in San Francisco her phone got shut off, and she never answered my emails again? As she was my place to stay t made for an interesting trip (slept one night on the beach the other in a cheep motel room) still had a blast, but never knew what happened to her.

• So he didn't show up for his date? If he didn't like you I wonder what made him do first 3days. Some people are weird.

• Could be classified as Ghosting... I had a girl after she finished school... decided to leaver her past behind, reached out months later said some positives tried to be supporitnve of her changes only to have her block me

• That's the uppity I'm better than you attitude, that she's moved into other things and it's saying to you you're beneath her (I left and you're still in your hometown, never amount to nothing)

• Dont stress until you talk to him. I call it flaking out.

• Yes once by a woman I was messaging every day we had a very friendly first meet and then she stopped messaging me. Was suspicious because she never gave me her phone number, just KIK, so she may have been in another relationship.

• Yup I've been ghosted before

• yes and I fucking hate it

• What happens when you call?

• I was ghosted once.

• I thought ghosting and stalking were the same thing

• Nope but I'm known as Casper. Lol

• Guys and Girls should work together to put an end to ghosting. We're better than this.

t. the more you know.

• hahaha, women have to deal with so many pussy women. Bloody femnized society. Girls lives much suck balls. Fuck you little bitch

• Actually I've never been NOT ghosted. Including first dates!

• yes.

• I've had some girls ghost me over the years , its actually fairly common behaviour now. people just don't want to deal with things so its easier to just ghost them and avoid places they go. I had an ex girlfriend move out west to work at a hotel just so she wouldn't have to spend the summer around here with me

What Girls Said 11

• Sort of yes. One time. It hurt me a lot but in the end it was worse for him because we live by each other now and so he was embarrassed every time he had to see me.

• Yes by my "ex" 😒

• Sure have.

• Yeah I have been before 😞 I really liked this guy a few years ago and he would just stop texting me for months and then he'd text me randomly for a few days and then I wouldn't hear from him anymore. He'd tell me all the time how pretty I am and how he had a crush on me for more than a year 🙄

• what time is it where you are? I wouldn't consider not getting an immediate text reply ghosting

• Oh yeah, I've been ghosted before.

• Yeah I've been ghosted.

• I would wait until it's been a few days. It's possible that something happened

• No I haven't. I'm sorry that happened to you though... That's super shitty on his part

• I've never had that happen to me thank god

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more