"Before sex, women have the power. After, men have it." Do you agree or disagree?

I just heard this on a show. I'm curious what others think

• agree
  • disagree
leave opinions to back up your vote
I am very surprised by the poll results. I expected very different responses from most people

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the individual's mindset.
    Personally I don't see sex as a power play, just a way to get closer.

I think that quote speaks more for the guys who only want sex and the girls who have nothing to offer but sex.

Most Helpful Girl

• What power does the guy have after? He usually just falls asleep.

• laugh out loud

• Totally agree, makes me feel men are so weak than women

• Yeap! After ejaculating we are powered off to recharge :P but it's very lovely!

What Guys Said 15

• Well I do think women lose some of their leverage after sex but reall, I'd just say that whoever cares the least and has the most options will generally have the most leverage over the other person.

So lets say there's a hot guy named Jason who has lot's of girls chasing him. Sally really wants him and sees him as somewhat out of her league. She wants him more than he wants her AND he has lots of other options for sex so she can't really use the make him wait/use sex as a barganining chip strategy and expect it to work since he has numerous other girls willing to fuck him for free.

Now another guy named Bob who isn't as great with girls develops a crush on Sally and sees her as out of his league. She can probably get him to pay for dates and wait months for sex if she wanted to, while with Jason there was little chance of that happening. She has leverage over Bob before she has sex with him and after. Even when they are in a relationship she can still hold sex over his head as a bargaining chip because she knows he can't easilly get it elsewhere like Jason could.

So power is a combination of when the other person wants you more than you want them and/or you having other similar or better alternatives.

• I don't think so. I think chemically the guy has testosterone suppliess before, then after that declines for some time and he gets estrogen and the woman has more testosterone. they snuggle up and at least the woman gets some bonding chemicals, but I think the guy an get things like that... the snuggling time is great. I don't think the guy feels or is more powerful then, at least not much.

So it may be reversed. To a degree, sex "blends" the two. It may very much depend upon the relationship power to begin with, confidence, and how it all goes.

• I don't think it was meant during the actual sex. more like in the relationship

• In the words of Rosanne Rosanna Danna. "oh... never mind". LOL!

I'm not sure then, I think they equalize, but the man retains some higher power in somet hings, and the woman in others. its swirly. The woman is strong emotionally. The man is strong physically. Together we make a wonderful team;)

• What I'd I dont leave my opinion? 😜

• soooo glad downvotes are back!

• Hahahahha keep downvoting me 😛

I disagree because I'm awesome 😇😀 hahahah but the guy doesn't gain any power after sex lol

• Hmm it depends. I'd say in many situations, this is true, but it doesn't apply to every case.
    What's certain is that it is rare that it' the man with the power before sex, and the woman with the power after sex.

• Disagree. Women still have power after they file for divorce and get alimony.

• I refuse to be with a girl who thinks either one of us is going to have "power" over the other.

• Well, it's a human instinct. So, even if they aren't aware, they (men and women) will have a power-aware attitude.

Unless you pick the real angels :D

• it seems lke something these quotes from tumblr would say. it cannot be correct. it is just a generalization

• Women always have the power when it comes to sex. The control if and when sex occurs. They control if they are going to give you a BJ or anal.

• Men always have the power

• Disagree.

• I disagree for that

• What power do men have anyway?

• disagree

• whoever has built recurring desire in the other has the power. it goes both ways. you are powerless to your own devices, and can be rejected before interaction. i reject pretty girls that act stupid.

• hmm.. what do you consider acting stupid?

• if they're loud, making fun of the hopeless, make careless mistakes.

• also men have the power to not be turned on. if she's gross it's not happening. if she stresses me in one way, or another i'm probably going to be turned off.

• Just wanna hit it and quit it

What Girls Said 16

• interesting question... in a normal, healthy relationship, this definitely isn't the case; however, when it comes to friends with benefits or flings, it is very likely true.

for example, we have jack and jill, who have started an f. w. b relationship. after having sex, jill catches feelings for jack and gives him whatever he wants, hoping it will make him fall in love with her. but, because he has no intention of being anything more, he definitely wields power over her in this scenario.

• That might be true if you're in a relationship based around sex or without a very healthy power dynamic.
    (Both individuals should share the 'power' at all times. If anyone is ever 'in charge'... you're fucked.)

• I agree. Because they then decide if they'll stay with you or not. Men on average don't want commitment as much as women do.

• I wouldn't say power... but I think it depends. Sometimes guys get attached faster than girls, so it varies from situation to situation...

• ... im not sure what this is supposed to mean. what kind of power? and why does sex determine that?

• Yes I agree to a degree.

Women tend to emotionally engage in sex more.
    If it's a game then men win overall. If they want a relationship then I think women "have the power" (although I don't agree with either side being dominant)

• Men like the chase to get into bed yet after the guy leaves women get lonely...

• It's not power. It's free will.

• everything is free will. you response is nonsensical.

• I wish you would. don't leave such silly opinions.

• There's no other way as sure as screaming "nonsense!" to prove the others we have no clue what they meant ;).

@Daniel961,
      I can agree, but freedom is expensive, not many can afford it

• No. Wrong. It might be true in some cases but not for me.

• i think women have the power before sex cause if a women says no that's it there's no argument and men have the power during sex not after... cause the man can cum and just go to bed right after and say i had my nut forget about her.

• I think vagina power dominates in men's world.

• Yes, cause they drain it from us. They're parasites.

• China has a old saying ~ 30 women, such as the Wolf ~ ~ 40 such as tiger

• Lol this is why I use guys for money and do not have sex with them then I date and have sex with the hot guy just kidding

• Disagree. I have told my boyfriend that I have the vag and boobs so Im in charge 😂 Lol

• In some ways it's true