What are men really like?

I don't know, I have heard so many different things.
Men are so sweet and romantic!
They only want you for sex!
They're pigs!
If you get pregnant, you will never, be seeing him again!
You got to find your true love!

I have heard stories that make some of these statements sound true.
I have heard stories that make some of these statements sound false.

So, what are men really like?

Most Helpful Girl

• men are complicated, just like women. the truth is you should find out for yourself. you take life and roll with the punches. it's that simple. some people you'll like and some people you will want to electrocute. but you can't peg an individuals sh*t on a whole gender. that's what people don't seem to get. just live and learn.

What Guys Said 21

• Are you a bitch? Cause I've met many women that are bitches, does that mean every woman's a bitch?

You will hear many opinions from many different people. Men are different. You can't have an opinion on every man, cause every man is different.
    Some will be the best people you've ever met, and some will be the worse.
    You just gotta know how to filter the bad men and push them out of your life.

• Wow I didn't mean to offend you... I was just confused because I don't have a lot of experience around men

• I wasn't offended at all... it was just an example of how generalizing a whole gender for the actions of a few, is stupid

• All guys are different. They all want different things. Much depends on their age and maturity. The hard bit, for ladies, is sorting our who's who without getting hurt too often. It can only come by experience, unless you're very lucky.

Some of us do try to be decent guys, but it takes a lady to decide if we really are.

• men are good and bad, also women are good and bad! its a question of finding out by getting to know a person over time but i dont believe anybody is 100% perfect for someone there is always something that might bug you even if its a small thing!

• All and neither. Some men are this. some men aren't. Its impossible to label every guy under any kind of label, cause much like with woman, we are pretty different from each other.

Just get to know them like any other human being and person anyway, we are not like aliens or anything.

• Men are people, just like girls. Some have good qualities while having some bad, and some have bad qualities while having some good. There are some fundamental differences mostly involving hormones and brain structure, guys have a tendency to act rather then talk, also guys are more stimulated by sight then thought (while a girl might think somethings sexy a guy might see something sexy). But really there's not much difference.

• You don't think that all women are the same, do you? Men are just as unlike each other.

• Some men are sweet and romantic. Some men only want sex. Some men are pigs, other men aren't. You can't just judge all men as one and the same person.

• Wow men expressing their sexuality? What savages!!! Women never do that..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GsrqLt48og
    Better vote for Hillary and become a third wave feminist.

by the way.. your thread is clearly not sexist what so ever.

• It all depends on the guy and what his character is.

• those are the bad stereotypes. obviously some are like that, that´s cause those stereotypes exist xD but i mean look at your father? is he that kind of guy? i bet not. and i personally think most guys are not like that. sure most guys won´t reject sex but most guys like being intimate with actual feelings for the girl and are actually being raised to be nice and responsible human beings.

• I don't know abiut these nerds but I was a Greek god in past life, Only reason for me to have such a godly chisseled big ass jacked athletic bod

• U want me to explain the nature of men? In one essay? Lol I can only use 2500 letters just use google

• There's many feminine men out there so its confusing. What are men like? They go after what they want

• Most men are going to pump and dump you. Of course, these are going to be the only men you want. That's about it. It literally explains everything you mentioned.

• Imagine the color spectrum.

Guys are the warm colors, girls are the cool colors.

See my point? There are multiple warm colors and multiple cool colors.

• Guess what, not all men can be characterized in a concrete set of statements! It's almost like they are actual people, and not NPCs in the world's blandest video game.

• I know that. Those are just examples of things I have heard women say.

• I'm sure we are more honest and less lying than women

• Not all of us babe.

• Where can be very different from each other.
    Personally I want sex I want love I want closeness and to laugh and chat, I think i become very loyal but don't start off loyal till i get to know you and I don't want to go broke.
    and I don't see why a relationship can start with sexif anything thats when im most likely to want to stick around since I don't really know you yet and it's the easiest way for me to express my self I also do everything I can to please honestly my egos attached to it doing a good job means an awful lot to me.
    I have a high drive but it has limits and there are some girls who are higher.
    Some guys though genuinely have very little interest in sex if at all some are good some bad some selfish some will do nothing but give some like to dominate some be dominated etc etc.

But I suspect we must have a higher sex drive as an average or why would guys find dating harder than girls and send out so many more messages and do so much more work.

• Ok, I think that depends on the type of man you come across. I have tried to treat every woman the way I would want them to treat me. With kindness, gentleness, being romantic, and trying my very best to be there for them. Now having said that I got repaid by being cheated on. I could lump all women as bitches, and the like but I will not.
    I raised a daughter on my own from my ex-girlfriend who was not stable in any way, and she's beautiful.
    I guess for me what I'm like, I'm loyal, a father, trustworthy, yes I do like sex (name a guy who doesn't), and romantic.
    This however is not indicative of all men. You have to trust your gut when you find a guy. If he acts and talks like a player he is, and will leave you when it counts. If he doesn't and actually put forth a genuine effort to be there for you when you need him, and show you that he truly wants to be with you, then you will know that also. That person will also stand by you if you get pregnant.

• "Men" are really like all those things. Some are one way, others are another. You can't generalize that many people into a simple category. Everyone is different

• They're people

What Girls Said 5

• ...

All men are different...

Some are great. Others, not so much. I mean, all women aren't the same.

• I've heard stories but not all men are like that it depends who you involve yourself with. I love men and i don't think heartbreaks would make me turn out and choose another option. The mystery about men is what makes the world go round and if we had all the answers then i would really be bored..

• different people are different, thats really al you can know without getting to know a person.

• Some men are pigs and only want you for sex while others are romantic and want a loving relationship. Every guy is different. some guys will leave if you get pregnant while others will sit down and talk about all options and be respectful about the situation. Everyone is different.

• Men are human beings who carry testosterone vs. Us females who carry estrogen so to some extent I can understand ur confusion. To put it simply, both the negative and the positive things you heard are all true. Some have decency, & some dont. Some will be there for u, & some won't. Men can have good or bad intentions. If ur lucky enough you'll find one that has respect for not only u but himself.