Girls, Ladies you are so complicated, why? Why? WHY?

so I've been getting to know this girl for over a year now, most of the time she seems to be warming to me and some times seems to be distancing, The other day I brought her a gift it was something she spotted whilst we were shopping and said she wanted it so the following week I went and brought it for her she says she doesn't want me to waste my money and she will pay me back my question is do these sound like the motives of a interested girl or am I in the dreaded friend zone

3

What Girls Said 3

• If it has taken over a year for things to "progress" then no, she's likely not interested.

• If you've been hanging out for over a year and nothing romantic or sexual has occurred between you, as far as she is concerned you are her friend.

• She clearly appreciates the gift if she didn't she would have denied it first of all, she just doesn't want to come off as a gold-digger probably or someone that's inconsiderate. Or if you two are still in the process of getting to know each other she probably thinks you are just trying to get her into bed considering the fact that there have been a lot of cases where guys go out of their way to do things for girls first handedly with expecting something in return automatically. But if you have truly pure intentions for her just ask her directly how she feels about you.