My friends are "dating" the guy I used to hook up with friends?

I used to casually date a guy for about 5 months a little over a year ago until he just "ghosted me". Now, since this world is so small my friend met a guy who is friends & lives with the guy I used to casually date. Now, my other friend is also seeing another friend.

I just feel very weird because now since I always hang out with them the guy I casually hooked up with is there and one night we actually hooked up again. Only to have him do the same thing and not text me or anything and also bring over other girls a couple weeks later when I was there.

I don't know what to do because I don't want to miss out on things with my friends because of this guy? but at the same time being around him fucks with my head.

What Guys Said 2

• Don't feel weird, he didn't want you, you're not supposed not to date anyone just because he's his friend.

• its not uncommon for friends to be interested in the same guy or for the guy to be interested in girls who are friends , you just sort of have to deal with things and try and be friends with all of them

What Girls Said 1

• Hmmm.
    Okay, I think that you should talk to your friends about this. Tell them exactly what you told us; that you used to hook up with that guy, and that being around him fucks with your head, and see what they say about it.

Then ask if they can make more get togethers with just the friends that you want to hang out with sometime.

But in the event that your friend gets defensive cause they want that guy around, then I guess that means it's time to make new friends, either via similar interests, or a group online.

Remember, you always have the power.