He called her cutie, what the F!?!

I have been talking to this guy through texting and we don't live close to each other so we haven't hung out but we both agreed that we both liked each other but were not technically dating yet & he told me that he wouldn't hurt me & that he has fallen for me but I got on to Facebook & he commented on some girls page and called her cutie & was asking her how she was. I know I shouldn't care but I do it hurt. So why would he call her that when he likes me & do y'all think he is just messing with my feelings?

Also should I say something about it to him?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd let him know what bothers you. If you don't, perhaps you aren't being honest with him.

Let's say you dislike the color red for whatever reason. Everytime you are with him and see red you change the subject, have to leave, kiss him randomly (well to him it was random) but never tell him. Then you guys get married and one day you just wig out on the color red. He would probably be floored since you never acted like this before. To him it would be like he doesn't really know you. That is because you hid a part of yourself from him.

Let him decide if your jealousy is cute or perhaps the drama is too much to take. Good Luck Cutie ;)

What Guys Said 6

• Be careful with this. You might be overreacting. That girl and him may just be very close friends, and he calls her cutie as a nickname. It doesn't necessarily mean he likes her and stuff.

Also, don't monitor his actions on Facebook. <.< If you two only just met, you shouldn't be caring THAT much.

• I can understand that you're hurt a little, but I think you're overreacting. You said you're not "technically dating," right? Well, wait until you're "technically dating" to feel him out, and if it gets to the point of an exclusive commitment between you two, you'll have a lot more leverage. Best of luck.

• I give my women friends compliments all the time. Maybe that is all it was. I like to make the people in my life happy in any way I can. Letting them know I appreciate them, what they do for me, how beautiful they are inside and out. Just because I have a girlfriend, does not mean I will treat my friends any differently.

• If you're that worked up over it, I wouldn't let it fester. I'd bring it up, but not in a rude or interrogation type manner. Simply so you can get it out of the way and put your own mind at ease, and not chance blowing up at him over something that turns out to be quite ridiculous. Otherwise, if you trust him, and can deal with it just keep quiet.

• Well said. I agree.

• Thank you=)

• Well, I sure you might have a reason to feel hurt. But, I wouldn't stress over it unless you notice he is trying to make a move on her and might have lost used interest in you. Sometimes guys will use names like cutie, babe, baby, or hunny when talking to other girls but usually it doesn't mean anything serious. That is unless you see he is showing interest in her.

I wouldn't worry about it really, but if it does bother you ask him about it.

• Don't ask. Also, you're over-reacting. How old are you again? This is Middle School BS.

• I don't get why people get rude on this site it is an advice site not a crticize peoples questions site & I'm 19 & I'm just trying to avoid being hurt if he's playing with my feelings then I'm bailing so thanks for not answering the question.

• uhm you probably shouldnt say anything, he's probably hitting on all the girls he hangs out with too.

you should find a guy to date who you've actually seen in real life.

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly I'm in the same exact situation with a guy right now. (I met him through a mutual friend but he lives 40 min away), but the thing is I KNOW my guy's a player and since we haven't actually hung out yet, I can't really say it bothers me that he talks/flirts with other girls. After all we aren't official sooo it's not like I expect him to be commited. I think you shouldn't worry too much about getting hurt. Give the guy a chance! Hang out with him at least once or twice, THEN decide how you feel about him talking to other girls like that.

• No, you shouldn't say anything. It's not a big deal. That could maybe be his friend or just simply ask him this :

Do you have a girlfriend? Stop beating around the bush and if you like this guy let him know and see if he feels the same way about you.

• Thanks girl, he says he likes me but ya know its like one of those things where I'm not sure I'm just trying to prevent from being hurt if he's just telling me that to keep me there until something better comes along.