Is wrong to keep talking with a guy that has a girlfriend?

I moved to a new city and I met a guy in a party, we talked all night and he asked me for a kiss but I didn't, after that we continue talking and we went out again but we didn't do anything, just hugging.

Now I now that he has a girlfriend but I thought that maybe we can keep talking as friends.

People keep telling me that he is a jerk and that he cheated his girlfriend a lot of times, can you even be a friend of someone like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Talking? No
    Flirting, yup

Most Helpful Girl

• The Ball and All is in your own Court if you want to continue a Friendship, you may be dribbling in Wavy Waters though.
    This one sounds like he is Not the Best from the Rest Catch of the day and being a Friend to the End, may Not be what is on his Plate, but sounds like he is only Looking For... A Playmate.
    Be civil here, dear, be friendly, not overly friendly. You may want to be 'A Friend of someone like This,' but he will only be looking for A... Kiss.
    Good luck And Better fish in the Sea for Thee. xx

What Guys Said 1

• You can be friends with him. Eventually you will learn whether the rumors are true. Even if he did cheat on his girlfriend, you can still be his friend without condoning his behavior.

What Girls Said 2

• There's nothing wrong with being friends with him as long as you don't have ulterior motives.

Personally, I couldn't be friends with a guy who cheated on his girlfriend. Loyalty is paramount in a friendship and relationship. So if he can't be loyal to his girlfriend, then how could I trust him to be loyal as my friend. He obviously doesn't value loyalty, so why would I befriend him

• Yes it is wrong