Is once a cheater always a cheater true?

Most Helpful Guy

• For me I guess it's like saying once a person is fat, they will always be fat. They can't change their ways, they're too weak-willed and lack the discipline to stay on a diet and exercise routine. That might generally be true, but there are some people who make miraculous lifestyle changes.

• The key I think with anyone who formerly had dirty habits and kicked them to the curb is not to resume that habit when times are tough.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it takes a certain type of person to cheat. Even if in a tough patch in a relationship, some will and some won't. Nobody really changes who they are at the core, they just learn something wasn't right maybe but that doesn't stop it happening again because they always really knew it was wrong. Also 99% of the time cheaters aren't sorry they cheated, they're sorry they were found out.
    For me, i would be extremely wary of trusting a cheater not to cheat on me later on, because as I said, it takes a certain type of person and we can't change who we are at the core.

What Guys Said 12

• In most cases I think it is. However, I'm sure some have ended up staying faithful to somebody at some point.

• Not necessarely true, but I have no patience to "have another go" with her when I know she has cheated on me.
    Everyone deserves a chance to start from a clean slate, more often than not, the slate will get dirty due to bad old habits. Some people lack the ability to change.

• As with anything else in life you can't have a black and white answer to such a thing.

Relationships are complex, people are complex and in the end cheating one, 2 3 times or never is all depending on the person and people in the situation.
    Even the definition of cheating isn't the same for everyone.

In the end trust someone is always a gamble as it is always a risk regardless of someones past.

• Why risk finding out whether it is or isn't true when you can be safe and assume it is?

• I don't believe this to be the case, I believe every single human on this planet has the capacity to change for the better and for the worse but I'll be damned if I give a former cheater a chance with me.

• it depends honestly..

• no, everyone can change but of course you lost tons of trust and gaining it back will be difficult

• I dont know. But my friends who cheated definitely had a pattern of cheating, though I think now that we're in our mid 20's to early 30's they've matured. At your age though, it's probably true.

• Usually...

• Yes!

• It depends on person. So answer is 'No'. Once a cheater is not always a cheater. People change.

• no. Butthurt cheated people wants to simply make it simple that a cheater is a cheater... Cheating usually happens because the relationship is already fragile and falling off

What Girls Said 12

• When people cheat it's a sign of weakesness in their character. They have no self- control over their desires and emotions. They lack willpower. People in love can still be attracted to other people , but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll cheat if given the opportunity

I do people believe people can cheat , and be full of remorse afterwards , but cheating will always be their potential.

I'd never be with a guy who'd cheated on an ex girlfriend , because it shows what his potential is with me. Trust is the foundation for every relationship , so I'd never give my trust to someone who has betrayed anyone. I value loyalty, and loyalty is paramount in every relationship. Without it, love can't grow

So infidelity depends on a person's character , not how much in love they are or if they are given the opportunity.

• Like any Bad Habit, it's a Hard Habit to Kick.
    However, Finding the Right one may be Fine for awhile, but I am Sure Someone could go back to His or Her old Tricks if Something Would go Wrong for even One day in their Relationship or Even... Think about it.
    Good luck. xx

• Most of the time: Yes. Always? Not really. The phrase is often used for people who is notorious for cheating and being unfaithful. This doesn't all the time apply to all those who cheated in the past. Once a person grows up, matures, learn what real relationships, love and a marriage is all about, does a full 360, not a 90, 180 or partial: they change. Their past will no longer define them. But it will if they still do it.

• I think so, for the most part. There are always exceptions to every rule, although they are probably few and far between.
    I think a lot of cheaters lack self control and act on impulse. This is a pretty hard thing to break, and a lot of very impulsive people are that way by nature, are unaware of it and the problems it causes, or don't really want to break it that bad.

• yes.. always

• people can change, though not without great effort.

• It's the rule. There are exceptions to every rule though.

• No it's not. I honestly believe that there are cheaters that learn their lesson when they realize what they lost. But Would I give a cheater a second chance? No

• I don't think so :)

• For me its a no. Give them another chance. We are all imperfect human being.

• Absolutely.

• Of course not.