Smart Girls, would you date a guy that's kind of slow/dumb?

I'm the youngest of my siblings and since I was little I have always been known to do dumb things. Even now like for example, in the morning. I caught myself almost putting the milk in the cabinet where the dishes go. As I turn around and walk to the fridge I'm like w. t. f are you doing bro. I do a lot of silly shit like that. I have always had a hard time focusing in school and I would get put on the spot when a teacher asked a question during class. I graduated high school with mediocre grades. At least I was never left back a year though. And now I am attending a community college. I want to play it safe by graduating in business because I believe I could find a job easier that way. But my actual life goal is to compete in the UFC because I have a passion for MMA. I love it. I train at a gym and always watch UFC PPVs. But I'm not violent either even though the sport has violence. I'm a quiet guy and I'm shy around girls. But I'd like to think I'm a good person. I always have the best interest at heart. I'm not a douche. I'm really sane and very calm and reasonable. I have a lot of patience so it takes a good while for me to get mad. I know I'm gonna sound like I'm bragging but I have always been told I'm good looking. I'm a light complected Hispanic/Mexican American with green eyes and dark brown hair/ almost black. But as I said, I can be dumb. I became very aware during high school mostly. But I wasn't the weird kid who lacked hygiene lol. So I get intimidated by really smart women who are getting their big degrees and all. I just want to know if a girl could see past it. Can I make up for it by trying to be a kind hearted person and being ambitious? And by the way I'm not saying I would only date smart girls. One more thing, if you've seen "How I Met Your Mother" when Robin is dating that tall, buff, attractive, chef guy named Nick, I'm NOT that dumb lol.

• Yes
    59% (10)
  • No
    41% (7)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

6

Most Helpful Girl

• I think everyone makes blunders like that sometimes. I know I have. That doesn't affect your intelligence at all. In fact, that is called being human and making mistakes. I'd be more concerned if you were perfect, because that wouldn't be normal.
    Grades also do not determine intelligence. Academic intelligence, yes, but not general intelligence, such as common sense. Some people just aren't academically inclined, and I was one of those people who wasn't. My grades suffered for most of my school career.
    In my experience, some of the dumbest people with the least amount of common sense were some of the mist academically acclaimed. On the other hand, some of the people who were the least educated and academically successful were some of the brightest I've ever met.
    All of that material stuff like academic success matters zilch to me anyway, and the number one thing I look for in a guy is a good heart. In fact, my first boyfriend was one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet in your life, but he is definitely not one of the brightest. The stuff he's done by far puts your small mistakes to shame. So don't worry about it, you'll find a girl who will absolutely adore you without any trouble!

What Girls Said 5

• That would be fine if he didn't like school so much but he should prob push himself. As long as he works and he's working on doing something useful with his life maybe going to college for two years at least i mean you dont want to live off working at mac donalds forever

• Deal breaker://

• Are you a smart woman?

• You don't sound slow or dumb, you sound like an easily distracted person. And school grades mean nothing either

• You seem like a real sweetie.

• It really depends on how much I like you.