Girls, Whats your opinion on dating a guy who's in touch with his emotions? Guys, if you are sensitive, how have women reacted to you?

I'm a HSP (Highly Sensitive Person), so I experience emotions very strongly. I cry at sad movies, I cry at happy movies, I'm very empathic to the point that I will feel others emotions nearly as strongly as they do. But in a world where men are meant to be seen as strong and not show emotion, how does the emotionally sensitive man stack up? As it does affect my confidence with women, I can be quite shy when it comes to asking a women out. I'm not really looking (just) for sex, I'm seeking a deep emotional connection, and sex is just one of many ways to have emotional intimacy with a partner. I never really enjoyed just having sex with a woman just to get your physical needs met, because it wouldn't give me the emotional needs. But anyway, I wanted to see what women think on this matter, and guys if you are sensitive, how have women reacted to you? Positive? Negative?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't mind that at all, especially since I am very similar. I don't really cry very often, but when I do, it's usually over something random or corny. I experience emotions a lot stronger as well, and really sympathize with people and feel emotions nearly as strongly as they do, like you said.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm pretty emotional myself so I got myself a solid rock to help me balance. You gotta look for someone who is willing to help you be balanced. I have no patience to be around emotional people when I have to try and deal with myself sometimes.

• I couldn't do it. I couldn't even have girl friends who'd cry over shit like movies let alone be in a full on relationship with a dude like that.

What Guys Said 4

• Women have been socialised to say that they want sensitive men, but on an instinctive level they see it as weak and are repulsed by it.
    Think about the historical context.
    The men who were hard bastards and good warriors were the men who were more likely to survive. By extension, their women and children were also more likely to survive.
    A woman who was attractive to a sensitive man who teared up was likely to become an evolutionary dead end.
    Hence, a preference for hard men became hard wired into the female brain.

• i fake some emotions because women feel the need to comfort and fix broken people.. It normally gets me laid lol but i dont do the relationship thing

• As an HSP myself (clearly) I'd say most react neutrally. :)

• Extremely positive.
    Only problem I have with my sensitivity that I think too much about outcome after approaching someone I like. Because of that I have missed chances.