Guys, How would YOU want to be asked out on a date?

I don't need answers that are about "how women never ask out guys" or "it never happens so I would never know". Not looking for the criticism or the rant about how it never happens. I want to take control and ask out guys on dates but I don't know what would be a good way to ask them out? Especially if I'm meeting them for the first time after talking to them online. I'm 19 years old so I think drinks, coffee or lunch would be too formal.
But this isn't about what I think; how would you guys want to be asked out on a date? Where would you like to go and what to do?
It would be interesting to know what a guy wants for once :)

26

Most Helpful Guy

• Smile at him, be happy to see him, when you talk to him, ignore literally everything else around you. Smile, tilt your head a little, maybe play with your hair, give him a couple of compliments, "you look really good" or something like that. Then straight to business, ask him to do whatever. You think drinks, coffee, lunch are too formal, ask him to hang out, go to the beach, whatever. "Do you want to hang out?" then get kind of wide eyed and hopeful, like him saying yes would just make your day. And if he does say yes, get excited, and a little giddy.

• Haha Thank you! Love your response; I was going to say to him (if he agrees to hang out with me) "Oh hey, I didn't recognise you, you look better in person than in the photo". I wanted to hang out first but didn't really know where since its winter here, and it would be too cold at the beach haha!

What Guys Said 25

• Honestly, I'd be happy to be asked out in practically any way, and up for practically anything. Especially if she's meeting me for the first time after talking to me online- that'd be a dream outcome. I wouldn't say that drinks, coffee or lunch would be too formal at all- but then again, I am 29. Still, I'd have established how many shared interests we had back at the online chat stage, and If you've done that with him, I'd advise going back to it when looking for ideas as to where he might like to go and what he might like to do for that date. For instance, if he's interested in the arts, how about inviting him to take a trip to a theatre or a gallery? Guys' tastes can vary just as much as girls' tastes. But if you've been talking to the guy online, you should have some basic idea of what his tastes are, and what he might enjoy.

• From my 15 y/o point of view I'd like her to just ask me to go somewhere that we would both feel comfortable at for instance meet at hers and watch a movie or something.

• Probably the same as you would like. It would be awesome as a guy (and shocking because it's never happened to me) to get asked out so that alone is great, what/where, don't really care. The drinks, coffee or lunch is probably the best for a first date, something short to start off. Just to gauge interest on both our parts, then go from there.

• i want a girl to fly in supergirl clothes to me and say come with me if you want to go out on a date :D jk jk

i think if a girl asks me out on a date i would like to go somewhere where there is a good restaurant and after that to go in a festival or anywhere where i can play any games with her

• Jeez, is it really so complicated? Just take it easy girl, it should never be complicated.
    Here, I'll help you.

"Hi [his name]! So I would like to hang out with you some more." and if it's a yes then
    "Do you have any plans for the weekend?" or "Are you occupied on the following weekend?"
    "I would enjoy going to [insert any place here] with you." or "Where would you like to be if I would come along with you?"

Wishing you a boost for your confidence =)

• I don't see anything formal about food consumption unless you're wearing a suit or a tuxedo or something of that sort.

I'd honestly just go to some awesome soup or burger place and eat food. Food is great.

• Truthfully just her asking me out and suggesting an activity.

• What kind of activity would you like to do when your hanging out with her or on a date? Not really sure what a guy finds exciting or fun

• Bowling, mini golf something casual, heck even coffee

• If you think he is also attracted to you.. then just asking him is enough.. but in the case of doubt.. you must check what is he interested in... I personally like to be invited to dinner or adventurous trip or some motor sport events but I'm really excited for motor sports :) ;)
    Now you can send me an invite or just show me your beautiful face :P lol

• Actually , a drink or two , coffee. or lunch would be great invitation ! I've been asked many times and like the advance , even if I help pay for it too. I would like to do what ever you would like too or... I'm easy to please , as some men aren't. If we wanted to do something real fun or special... I would definitely pay with you ! Still would be your show 😋

• Basically u say this to the guy ur talking to. Any guy ur interested in should be interest ur taking interest and help u out. Myself I live by the beach so I like to go to a Starbucks then walk out onto the beach if she's not ugly and we get along.

• I don't care where we end up as long as we are having fun and there's food and drinks there. Chances are I'll be hungry and thirsty, and so will you. I won't pig out, but I'll be hungry - even if it's a snack.

• Anywhere is fine as long as I'm with you. For a guy there is no true formula to ask a girl out. You go with your gut feeling. If your feeling like your having fun tell the fellow.

• i would say something like: lets go out/hang out sometimes, where do you want to go? lets go to the park (or insert cool place here) then you proceed to determine the day and hour of your date.

• I've been watching you for a while at the other end of the bar. Your very attractive. Can i take you somewhere? She'd get to can and id be over at the door with my jacket on waiting like a puppy wanting out for a walk

• Straight up want to go out with me
    Is enough

• Honestly, I'd not care all that much where we would go, I just would want to hang out with them.

• i dont need to be asked in any particular way.. id be happy enough if it happened period

• Grandstand seats to a Red Sox/Yankees game and im butter in you arms.

• "Hey you wanna go out sometime? "

• "hey we should hang out."

• If I was asked out first I'd have the biggest ego and treat u like shit tbh

• Straight forward with confidence. Idgaf where we're going just don't be annoying with trivialities.

• "Would you like to go on a date? How about at?"

• Take me on a picnic in some deserted area with grass and some alcohol.

• That sounds like my kind of date :P

• "can I Pls blow u as I feel all over ur chisseled bod while you lay back flexing checking ur own self out while I blow u"