Would you date a beautiful girl who suffered from bipolar disorder and severe depression?

And was struggling heavily to keep it under control. If your wondering where it's tied heavily towards it something to do with setting up goals for herself and never completing them resulting in her beating herself up about it.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• If she's struggling heavily, she needs professional assistance - your romantic partner is not a substitute for a proper therapist and medication. When she's on the up, it'll be like a fairytale, but then the lows will be a living hell for her (and you) unlike nothing you've ever experienced before.

What Girls Said 7

• Well no, since I'm heterosexual. But if it was a handsome guy who suffered from bi-polar disorder and severe depression, I wouldn't. I used to be into a guy who was depressed and it was exhausting. I wasn't in the greatest position myself at the time, so it only made things worse. Even though I pulled myself out of my own depression and I'm now feeling much better, I still wouldn't do it. It just causes too much trouble and I'm scared that he would get way too dependent on me, or that it would otherwise but a massive strain on the relationship.

• it depends~ as long as she was actively seeking help for her issues, sure.

if you really care about someone, you'll do your best to help her/him reach their goals and pick them up when they don't quite reach them.

• Sounds like me in this description. The answer is no, no one wants to date us because they think we're crazy and they aren't willing to give the emotional support. It's why I've decided to never tell anyone I date that I have bipolar disorder, ever, not even if we marry, they don't have the right to know.

• I've seen the end result of a loved one marrying a bi-polar, depressive narcissist and I'll tell you it's very heartbreaking. It changes the person completely. You basically sacrifice your sanity most of the time with you try loving someone with severe emotional issues. This girl may be a great person and overcome a lot of her problems so I'm only speaking in a general sense.

• Only if she was high-functioning and mostly asymptomatic. I have bipolar disorder myself - and I'm currently high-functioning & I don't want my good emotional stability to go down the drain

• Yes.

I am cyclothymic and have dated other people with mental health issues who
    aren't incapacitated by them.

Its always very passionate and very intense but very short lived.
    I know to expect this :)

• Yes I would 😊

What Guys Said 11

• Been there done that, ended up cheated on, stolen from, my heart broken, my life in ruins. So, no I don't want that repeated in my life ever.

• No, I wouldn't.

• Depression, yes, I can deal with that.
    Bipolar, not a chance.

• I'm not sure, probably not.

• Of course. It doesn't make her any less beautiful. And it's something I can help her deal with.

• I can help her embrace her mental illnesses and use them as the gifts they were meant to be.

• It really depends on how bad her bipolar is, and depression.

• I bet she gives some good head when she's in her manic phase

• Hell no. I've had enough with that shit.

• I would just eat her booty like groceries to make her feel better.

• Almost EVERY female is bipolar and depressed. It's practically part of their biology.