How to ask my parents about a first date?

My boyfriend and I, want to go on a date this weekend, but I'm nervous to ask. My father is VERY strict who I go out with. I have never been on a date before, so this should be my first time. I'm nervous to ask my father about it. I remember a few years back I told him about my first kiss, and he didn't get mad at all. I'm scared of asking, because its my first date, and I don't want to embarrasse myself. I'm not even sure if it's official date, becuase we might have things planned. But should I ask now. Or should I give time to think about it. Im really nervous.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just be honest and tell him straight up. You already told him about the first kiss, and he seemed to be ok with that, so probably he's not gonna be mad about this.
    Plus, lying will only make things worse, cause you want him to trust you, trust that you're old enough to go on dates, and by lying you'll get the opposite effect.
    So just go straight up to him, and tell him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just do what I did, and tell them you're simply going out with your girl friends

• Actually, nvm like I suck don't follow my shitty advice 😂

• Wow that's a nasty reply! Why are being this way

• Oops sorry I read that the wrong way thought someone was being nasty to you!!! haha😂😂😂

What Guys Said 8

• Ask now- it'll give him the most time to think about it and consider it calmly, and he's far more likely to refuse or take issue with it if you tell him on the day itself. Gauging from his reaction when you told him about your first kiss, he should be fine with your first date. Just don't expect him not to come and pick you up- he's unlikely to let your boyfriend take you back to his house afterwards...

• i think you should bring it up as a conversation. basically tell your parents taht there is a guy you really like and the two of you have talked and discussed potentially going on a date.

• If he was okay about your first kiss - He will be alright first date - He might have a couple of hundred rules though (LoL)

• Can you vote and support yourself? if either of these are no.. Then focus on school and dont try to slap the bull by asking your parents that..

• Hahaha, who would ever choose to make those the primary concern in life.

• Just demand it or threaten emancipation.

• Your parents don't care.

• Don't ask your parents.

• your dad doesn't own you, or him. he shouldn't be sabotaging your personal romantic life. you don't walk in on mom, and dad time.

What Girls Said 10

• You should ask: you're gonna have to soon anyway. It doesn't matter if it's not official: you can just ask your dad whether you can go out with him. Tell him about your boyfriend but make sure to tell him everything that you know he'll like (don't lie though). Unless he asks try to leave out the parts he won't like. That might help him allow you to go. Just make sure you don't lie or else he won't trust you.

• Ask now to give him time though you said he didn't get mad before so it's better

• Just tell them not to worry, tell them where are you going to and what are your plans. Also, when are you going to be at home.
    Have fun!

• Just ask if you can go to wherever you're going with that guy, you don't have to specify if it's a date or not, as long as your parents know where you're going and with who you should be all set.

• Don't ask. Just tell him you're hanging out with friends. Hell, let it be true and then find some alone time with your boyfriend.

• You should just ask just rip the bandaid off.

• Do you have a mom to talk to this about? I always found that mothers are better to talk to in gossip and boys (well, at least my mother) than fathers.

• Don't go on a date then.

• If he dosnt let you date he is probably over protective jerk.

• Wait until its planned and then you can ask. Itll be nice and great if your boyfriend ask with you. Thatll be a plus! Especially for your parents, shows manner.