Why do little teens get into relationships when they don't even know how to take care of themselves?

On social media I see kids ages of 13-15 posting up pictures of themselves with their girlfriend/boyfriend. Or they post up videos of themselves making out with their boyfriend feeling on each other do they not realize how stupid they look posting that? Then they wanna get hurt broken thinking the relationship would last or the females getting used because she's an easy target I don't understand. Or them thinking its fine to have sex at a young age thinking its all "cool" then complain of the results.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because this is what society teaches them for what they should want to do. This is the result of our current cultural conditioning. Embrace it.

• Mid teen girls were getting married for most of history. The current 'cultural conditioning' is to slow things down.

• Wildly disagree. For most people it's innate. You should probably recognize the extent to which you're an outlier on this. That's neither good nor bad, but you'll continue to be surprised by things otherwise.

• @0112358 Innate once you're capable of sexual attraction.

It's purely cultural when you're a child.

Regardless, people tease the crap out of you for talking to the other sex, and then people wonder why so many males think "women are an enigma".

Most Helpful Girl

• Truthfully, you've been a teenager. Although you may not have gone through the dreaded hormone filled days, most people have. Falling in love at an early age isn't the problem. And your addressing the real problem all wrong. Yes... social media and relationships don't mix. Yes... most kids aren't ready. But... you have to keep in mind that they are kids. They don't know what's what. You can tell a child all day not to touch a hot stove. I promise they will when you aren't looking. You have to let a child do it or see it (the consequences) before they realize the truth behind the words you say. So yeah, you sound very judgmental to all pre-teen and teens. Love can happen anytime to anyone. Just because no one showed that to you in your youth doesn't mean everyone else can't enjoy it. Although I might be biased, there is some truth behind my words. I know childhood sweet hearts married with great-grandkids. Some just with kids. Please talk what you know because what you said is offensive to any love struck teen or pre-teen. I'm not justifying bad actions, just want to make you realize its natural for humans to crave that social connection.

What Guys Said 17

• because it's part of natural human development. learning how to operate in relationships

• I was one of those kids that at age 11 had a girlfriend and was making out and all that. I didn't pot anything online though.
    Why I did that? I don't know, I just felt it was right. I liked her, I wanted to kiss her, she felt the same way towards me, so why not?

• You meanwhile never did anything stupid when you were younger because you were born an expert in everything.

• At least I kept my pants on my whole childhood unlike these little 12year old.

• Well is not the whole point of growing up to learn from your failures so in the future you can use your knowledge to succeed? I rather want them to be a bit heart broken in highschool then lose job, money and have to figure out who should keep the kid when older.

• Exceedingly true. Teens are full of hormones and thrills and don't understand nearly as much about life or love as they think they do. Any kids who think this is wrong and that they're ready and understand need to look at the teen pregnancy and rape rates.

• Hormones

• Cause our society is pushing more and more to be mature at earlier ages. these kids don't know anything about relationships and they last at most probably a month if they're "serious". also it's school so it's really easy to find time to be together. Also school kids are stupid and you get social status for being "mature"

• Everyone has to start somewhere

• Because relationships are fun.
    Everybody loves fun.

• lol I don't know... the funniest part is that they think its real and that itll last forever

• people kiss and fuck deal with it.

• The same could be asked of you.

• Actually I never cared of having a relationship I'm not like these hoes

• In ask honestly, being a teenager doesn't make you a whore or anything else. Having emotional connection to other humans is crucial to being a human being. It's how we bond socially to each other. It's adapted over the years, but yes it's normal. Sorry you couldn't connect on an emotional level like normal people. But I'm young so what do I know? 😏😏😏😏😏😏😏

• Everyone else is in a relationship so why not them too? That's that way they think. It's about what others are doing and what's cool. They don't do what they want to do, just whatever is cool and accepted by others.

• They have yet to learn that anything you post online will be used against them. Give it time...

I actually agree with you that if one cannot take care of themselves then they cannot be in a real relationship.

• Either for happiness or fun.

• oh let them have fun before she has to get a mid 40s sugar daddy.

• Years spent single don't teach you how to have good relationships, practice in relationships does.

What Girls Said 9

• Because its life. They most likely bored or don't have something they want more.

• I think you are making a horrible generalization.

• Probably you were one of them sorry if I hurt your feelings lol :)

• I've been with my boyfriend for 3.5 years... You didn't hurt my feelings. I have a much thicker skin then that. I just think you are being really ignorant. I agree that most teens don't understand relationships (i. e my brother who is in a new one as soon as he gets out of one and claims he loves her after a week) but I also know a number of teen who have been in relationships through all of high school and function perfectly fine. Age doesn't determine everything you know.

• Teenagers like to think they know everything about life at their age even though they haven't even begun to live it yet. Doing fun adult-type things makes them feel like they actually are.

• the teen years are the best time to start experiencing dating. people who wait tend to have a lot of problems in their love lives for years to come.

• Ikr lol

• They may be young but they're readyyyy

• Are you jealous someone younger than you can get a guy and you can't?

• I dated at 13, 14, 15 but then again deadjournal and AIM were still all the rage then-lol.

• It makes me cringe so hard when I see 13 year old couples on social media... Ew.
    It's fine if you have a girlfriend or boyfriend as a young teenager, but stick to holding hands and kissing that's it