Found pictures of my boyfriends ex girlfriend on his phone and computer, should I confront him?

I wasn't snooping
i was looking at his phone to send myself pics of us from our holiday when I saw pictures of her he knew I had his phone but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to pic a fight
i was looking at his photos on his computer to send to my friends of our trip and I found pictures of them having a picnic and kissing, should I confront him.

Most Helpful Guy

• How about instead of a confrontation, hug him gently and talk about it?

Confrontation is something that almost always leads to a negative outcome for your relationship. If that's okay and you want to kind of damage it and potentially end it, it might be the right course of action.

If not and you want to strengthen your relationship instead, a more gentle and loving approach is typically going to work better. Everyone has a past. The fact that he didn't delete some old photos from his photo doesn't mean that he's not yet over his ex.

Most Helpful Girl

• 99.9999 percent chance, the situation here is just "He has basically all his pictures from the past X years on there, and, why would he bother to actually go through thousands of pictures and selectively delete stuff?"

I mean, srsly. I have about seven thousand pictures in my phone's photo library, from the last ≈2 years alone. On my other laptop -- where I have all my pictures from previous phones, plus actual cameras -- there are probably 50,000 photo library pictures.

I've been married since 2001, so, I don't have old boyfriends on there. But, if I weren't such a dinosaur -- like, if I'd had a dating life in the last ten years or so, since smartphones have been a thing -- I'm sure there would be *something* on there.
    I mean, who the hell has the time to go through all that, unless there's a reason? (And I wouldn't want to delete EVERYTHING, of course)

So... yeah.
    I doubt you have anything to worry about, lol. It's probably just random old detritus in a photo library.

On the other hand, if he has actually SAVED the photos -- like, gone through and deliberately saved them (while deleting other photos around them), and you know that FOR SURE -- then that's an entirely different animal, and it's pretty sketch. In that case, I dunno.

What Guys Said 7

• What outcome are you hoping for from this? Because there won't be a positive one. Everyone has a past. Having old pictures is not damaging your present nor your future together.

• Why? They're just pictures which are his property.

• Sometimes guys just forget to delete things, it's not always a conspiracy. Here's the thing; if he still likes her, confronting him won't change that, it will just piss him off. If he doesn't like her, confronting him will just make him trust and like you less. Either way you lose. However, you'll probably confront him anyways because most girls are neurotic like that. Enjoy the argument you know you will start.

• Age of the photos?

• You should dump him right away. Then immediately have sex with at least 10 other guys to get over him.

• Yes! Use this when he gets mad at you, he'll be like '' snap ''😬

• yes, dump him. you're clearly too good to have guy that's had a girlfriend before.

What Girls Said 1

• I would.