Guys, if an attractive woman found and friended you on Facebook, then asked you out... Would you find it weird? Would you say yes?

Like say you don't have many mutuals either, and she friended you then asked you out right away.. Would you find that creepy? Would you think something was up? Would you agree without doubts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Upon my return to GaA this is the first question, essentially asking what I would do if an attractive woman added me and wants to go out with me...

Haha, just kidding.
    Well, this is interesting really.
    When you say an attractive woman found me on Facebook, as in a complete stranger not like someone I know from somewhere but with no mutual friends.

I'll take it as you mean complete strangers. I don't think I would find it creepy, but me along with many other guys would probably be very cautious about being tricked.
    I think I would personally chat with you online, and probably go through all of your pictures. Obviously to make sure you were who you said you were, and possibly science reasons...
    It all really depends on the guy and how open he is though. Some guys would be open to accepting everyone, others will not add anyone they do not know. Some guys don't reply to messages from people they don't know, and even people they know, but then also they might.

If I were you, I'm guessing you want to add someone, I would go for it. There is no harm in adding him and chatting first. The worst thing that will happen is that some guy you don't know will ignore you. The best is you could meet your significant other, anything can happen.
    Also, if you go straight in asking to meet then that may come off as either creepy, or like a cat fish so I would advise against it. Unless the conversation is going really well, but I would still hold of for a while. Just depends on the conversation really

Anyway,
    Hope this helps.

• Well he and I briefly met on tinder and I deleted my account... So I found him on fb and straight up asked if he'd like to meet. I hate talking online... And he seems to want to but he is slow in doing so.

• Yes! We were chatting back and for 2 nights ago (he responded within minutes) but then he hasn't responded to my last message now and it's been a day. I don't know I can't tell if he is just being friendly or... I don't know

• It can be a bit complicated sometimes.
      I would probably have a couple more conversations where you go back and forward and properly instant message, like you did the other day.
      It can also depend on what you chat about and how the tone is, if that makes sense.
      Him not replying may be because he's just busy, but it could also be him losing interest and/or him forgetting to reply. It can mean any number of things really.

I would have said that as you met on tinder he would have been open to actually meeting, so it's surprising he isn't wanting to meet, but that may be because he isn't really interested or isn't very confident.
      I can't say anything for sure. See how and where your conversations are going, and if he isn't really engaging, giving off a good vibe and isn't too interested in meeting up he may just not be interested.
      I have to admit I would be wary or meeting up with someone I met online, so maybe would be good to suggest Skype or some video call.
      Let me know what happens!!!

What Guys Said 14

• Well let's see, it sounds and appears WAY TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE to begin with.

So therefore, it is probably a catfish, a trap. Somebody's plotting to rob some dumbass horndog or horny virgin guy, and even if She was a real attractive lady, she'd probably screw the guy over later with false accusations of rape or some similar bullshit, or sucker him and trap him so that he become that lady's baby daddy by intentionally getting pregnant or some shit.

If I were them, I'd block and ignore or report the user for harassment if they continue to message me. I'd unfriend that person if I ever friended them in the first place. In the beginning I'd probably be courteous and polite and respectful to ask her that we stop being friends and stop contact but if she insists otherwise then I'd know something isn't right and I'd tell her SERIOUSLY this has to stop because I don't trust you and I'm gonna unfriend you now alright?

• hell yeah , if she is like above 7/10 , then yeahhhh i would date her + if she texts first and plan the date , that's seems to me she is a confident girl, that knows what she wants

• Would be very strange if she found me in Facebook... I'm not on it :-D

• I've had that done before and was weirded out because I have never even SPOKE with her but she saw me and asked one of my friends my name. Like... It just caught me off guard.

• I would be extremely skeptical if I hadn't met her before but I'd probably say yes if I'd met her at least once already

• I would think it was a trick or something, or that she had issues. Normal people don't add random strangers on Facebook and ask them out. Especially hot ones with a lot of options.

• That'd be suspicious as hell

• Like why? Would you still talk to her and go out?

• I'd talk to see what her deal is. If she seems legit, then sure

• I'd assume it is a fake account trying to scam me, so nah.

• I would be suspicious of a catfish, but it wouldn't be impossible for her to get a date.

• I had both a relatively attractive woman and two muscular guys I didn't recognise add me but I joined a gym a few weeks ago so guessed they where probably from there.
    What you're describing though id find much more suspicious "Id probly message her saying sorry where do you know me from?" on the off chance it was an acquaintance I didn't recognise who liked me and there friend sent that message.

• Nope

• I'd still find it kinds of desperate , mean I don't even know her and never talked to her. wouldn't she know some guys from real life? there'd definitely be some doubts. I might even wonder if she's real? there has been people make up fake dating accounts so they can rob the person when they meet them

• I would at least ask someone I know and is also on her friend list about it. Sounds too much like scam.
    Jenny Foster wants to add you as a friend. Accept? (good looking female in profile pic)
    Sweet Cherry wants to add you as a friend. Accept? (hot looking female in profile pic)
    (just to name 2 of the fake friend requests on Skype this week; their account got deleted before I could even ask who she was because I don't know their name and profile pic)

• It depends on the person and situation. I'd be careful; but open to the idea. I'd make sure the person is the person they claim to be first.

What Girls Said 1

• If she's attractive, they will be flattered.