Do you think the term "Im busy" is a legit statement or a lie people use instead of out right rejecting someone?

I have read a few questions on here about how someone has sent them the "Im too busy" text. Do you think its a legit statement, maybe they really are busy or they are lying for whatever reason, maybe they are interested in others or just want to ignore you?

• Legit statement
  • Excuse
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• Busy means busy. It also means ur not good enough to be the new busy.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's usually an excuse. The biggest lie I say is, "I have to go." I say it because I need a lot of downtime. Socializing in large amounts makes me feel physically drained and ill. (There's another excuse.)

I don't think I've ever spoken to someone that used the words "I'm busy" legitimately. It seems like a nice way of saying "I don't want to talk to you." I had a friend that would text me after a month of no contact and say, "Hey, sorry I haven't texted. I've been busy." For an entire month? Right... Okay...

What Guys Said 2

• Rarely a legitimate reason. If you like someone you make time for them.

• Legit statement

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's rarely sincere. In my experience, people use it when they want to let you down easy and don't want to hurt your feelings by not hanging out with you, especially when they will bend over backwards to spend time with other people.

• Exactly what I have always thought.

• Would never do that if I was a guy it's a dick move

• Legit statement. I'm always busy