Why am I not getting any tinder matches?

I don't feel like it's because I'm ugly, I know I'm nothing special but I feel like I'm still dateable. My profile pic's the same as it is here. Maybe it's my bio? but I thought it was witty for the most part. Any thought or suggestions for improvement would be appreciated. Below is my bio, feel free to tear it apart πŸ‘πŸ»

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Name's Justin. Quick facts,
- Studying Business @ [College Name] πŸΎπŸ»πŸŽ‰
- I'm 5'11" since people care
- I travel, or pretend I am.
- Photography's my Jam
- I'm awesome. Obviously.
- Do you eat? My food's on point.
- Can guys describe themselves as curvy?
- Shakira told me my hips don't lie.

Most Helpful Guy

• You need a better picture, for starters. You look really red in the face. You've got a good smile but the angle is wrong.

It's not that witty a bio.
    "Guys describe themselves as curvy" = you're fat (you might not be, but that's what I take away from that)
    "Shakira told me my hips don't lie" = 2005 called, they said their jokes are no longer supported and suggest you upgrade
    "Travel or pretend I am. = What do you *actually* do, as opposed to pretend to?

Honestly, with Tinder, I found a one line quote/comment (or even a one word one) was better than trying to write a proper profile or bio. And you absolutely need the best goddamn picture of yourself you've ever taken to stop being immediately swiped. I'm serious. Girl I used to work with was swiping through her feed at a work party one night, and she was making decisions after less than three seconds based entirely on the first picture.

• My problem is my best pics always happen with other people in them, not exactly the best thing to have as your first image. So perhaps I just kill the bio and stick to something like "sup" as the bio?

• I can I guess, just feel like a dick whenever I do that. Thanks for the help 👍🏻

• Good luck! Don't expect it to work overnight... it took a lot of swiping before I got matches who'd even talk to me, but I met some good people through it eventually.

What Girls Said 13

• Your bio makes it seem like you're filling out a questionnaire. Try not to post the same generic bio everyone on Tinder has such as height, college, and hobbies. Start with an eye-catching or funny statement and talk about the rest in a private message when matched. Also, for your profile picture try to go for a picture of you having a good time at somewhere you traveled to rather than a selfie. This shows your adventurous side without writing it in your bio.

• You aren't bad looking, but your bio just tells me you're trying too hard and a lot of girls can pick up on that.

• I don't know how tinder works.. but you seem fun.. maybe change your picture if you've uploaded the one I can see as your profile here.. it's a weird angle

• Your bio tells me nothing about you except that you're trying too hard to be funny. Keep it real. Say things that will make me interested to learn more about you.

• U called yourself curvy. You called yourself a fat guy.
    There is your explanation of zero matches

• From all my other pics it's pretty obvious I'm not, but I'm totally taking that out lol

• Bad bio= not even looking at pics

• You're bio is trying a bit too hard to be cool, hip, young, trendy, on point, snazzy, on fleek or whatever.

Keep it simple. Give people a reason to send you a message, don't give all the details away.

• Alright so only a few words then? What would suggest trimming it to with my horribly long bio

• Aight, I like the idea. How does this sound?

"A 5'11 traveling student who occasionally takes pictures. Let's go on an adventure together."

• Yup, bang on :)

• do you only have the one pic?

• I have several, but if we're being real the first one is the one that matters. I got a pic of me on a kayak in Lake Tahoe, a pic with firends at the bar, and a pic of my hang gliding with one of my bud's in the back

• haha :p
      Name's Justin. Quick facts,
      - Studying Business @ [College Name] 🍾
      - I'm 5'11"
      - I travel
      - Photography's my Jam
      - Do you eat? My food's on point.
      - Shakira told me my hips don't lie.

That is what I would change it to

• Thanks! 👍🏻

• Car selfies don't do anyone justice.

• Your bio made me cringe so hard.

• Cause no one finds you attractive (yet)?

• Because no stds for you today.

• maybe take out a few of the jokes

• Lol I think your bio implies that you're trying to hard, keep it simple

What Guys Said 11

• tinder is mostly about pictures so I'd assume that's why your not getting results as they don't like the pictures you put up. I'd want to say tinder was about the profiles but have my doubts

• Only really HOT guys get matches on Tinder. You are definitely attractive, so maybe upload more pictures that make you look 'sizzling hot'.

• that pic isn't so flattering keep your mouth closed when you smile, preferably into a kind of smirk. don't tilt your head up: keep it neutral. also, don't wear a cap and shave your chin better.

• Too much bio... keep it short and simple..

Have pics of you having fun with friends and a selfie or two. You're not ugly bro no homo

• because youza ugly mf

• really I'd say average tbh.

• I don't keep track but I try to make being and asshole and honest not mutually exclusive, nothing wrong with being an asshole when it's the truth but I mean he's not really ugly.

• @Josht13 he's not terrible but he's not hot

• cause like 99% of girls on tinder are some messaging bots that will ask you to get on some pay site to continue talking to them...

but to increase your chances with the remaining 1%, iΒ΄d suggest getting decent clothes on, not sitting in your car and not wearing a cap... the smile is a good start though.

• "I'm awesome. Obviously". People will either think you're patting yourself on the back or you're an absolute wanker.

"Do you eat?", no, of course they don't.

"Can guys describe themselves as curvy"... fat women call themselves curvy to make themselves feel better, are you a fat woman?

"Shakira told me my hips don't lie" I don't know a girl who wouldn't cringe at that and left you ASAP.

• You said it yourself: you're nothing special.

If you're not a thug or magazine cover ready athlete, the best thing you can do with Tinder is delete it.

• only thing I see is that when you try to be sarcastic or funny it's just not at all.

• You are handsome bro but your bio like a homo

• Haha sounds like a gay tinder bud