Would you rather date someone who can make you laugh anytime or someone who can relate and understand how you feel?

• A playful funny significant other.
  • A relatable understandable significant other

Most Helpful Girl

• Someone who is relatable because i am very playful and funny so i can bring that upfront anytime. But someone who is understandable is rare in this world these days and is hard to find. Sometimes in life we go through things and i know on the daily basis we have the individuals who just replies with: "Awh hope you feel better." or "Sorry to hear that". Someone who understands you will vibe with you and what you went through they have similar experiences and is willing to share with you about life twists and turns. Anyone can make you laugh but to have more encouraging words to say during a rough time or anytime makes a longer conversation and builds a stronger relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've no interest in being understood anymore. Make me laugh, poppet!

What Girls Said 8

• Humor is really important. My boyfriend always knows exactly how to make me laugh or smile, and I love that about him. It's sexy and it makes our relationship super fun.

But if I had to choose between someone who can make me laugh and someone who can understand how I feel, I'd have to choose the latter. I can be sensitive and emotional at times, and it's hard for me to be with someone who is too blunt or tactless, or who can't understand where I'm coming from when I'm upset.

• Make me laugh.

Honestly, I smile enough as it is. So, when I'm down, it's some serious shit and I *need* cheering up.

Plus, it'd show he was trying to make me feel better. lol, I'm a sucker for a sweetie... So, as long as he showed he cared; it could be either.

• I think the latter would be more beneficial for a relationship in the long run.

• I am always a very serious person who also likes this in the men I date.

• I need both, I can't choose one over the other

• someone who's relatable and understandable… but having a sense of humor would be important too

• Someone with I feel he like me even in sweatpants and without make up. Someone where I feel i can be me and he ll never judge me.

• Someone who can understand me and relate so I don't feel judged

What Guys Said 13

• I would go with B - Sometimes there is more to life than being funny - I suppose maybe the ideal is B with a good bit of A

• I did not vote on this because both are important in a successful relationship.

• I can see why some would choose laughing instead of understanding... BUT - keep this in mind: this "someone" might not care about your emotions, this "someone" might simply be him/her-self and it wouldn't lead too far. I mean what if you actually need someone to understand you... Besides, if other person is able to understand how you feel, you'll have way deeper and stronger connection with that person.

• You know it's possible for one person to be both of these things

• 0|0
  • i chose b by far,,, didn't even think twice

• Good question. I'm not sure.

• Someone understanding

• I mean it's nice if they understand me,
    But nothing beats laughing.

• Usually they can do both

• First is great, but second is more important, especially in the long term.

• Women are never actually funny and it's annoying when they think they're funny.

• Can't we have both?