Can seeing someone after a long time bring back your feelings for them?

Has this ever happened to you? That you met a girl or a guy you really liked after a long time and all those feelings you had for them came rushing back the moment you saw them?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, it's normal. Those feelings never really go away. It's just in remission. Seeing a person again can bring it all back.

For instance, when you don't see an old crush anymore, you forget about them. But when you bump into them and they still look good, or even better than before, those feelings resurface real quick.

• Yeah I guess this is true. Your answer was really helpful :)

• Glad you found it helpful :) I give solid advice when I'm not goofing around ;p :p :)

• Haha lol :D :P

It's gonna be the MHO I guess :D

What Guys Said 7

• I suppose it does happen quite a bit - You felt something for them in the first place - It would not be a surprise that something might still be there.

• Naturally.

• Yes it's such a trip
    Like cool nastalgia

• I'm sure it can.

• Yeah, but the feelings are rarely mutual. Even if you both had feeling for each other when you were younger, only one of you is likely to have residual feelings.

• not for me

• i believe it does and i certainly hope it will happen with my and my crush.
    who knows maybe along the line we will meet each other in better circumstances that will allow us to actually date and be natural about our feelings

What Girls Said 12

• It simply depends on your outlook towards them before the disappearance, and how you changed or matured since then. It happens and it's normal. But simply all depends how logical it is for you to want to be with them. You can love a person and know that you can't be with them for certain reasons. It kind of happened to me, but in a negative way.

• Well if you didn't part ways on a good note and had a misunderstanding which couldn't be resolved what do you think will happen then if you meet each other after a long time? Will you just forget about the bad memories and remember only the good ones when you see them again?

• Actually the guy I liked was someone when I was in kindergarden and him in the pre-k. He said he hated me, and he didn't know why. As I grew up, I became bitter about him and stayed away from him. He was always disrespectful, cursing at me, wished he could kill me and beat me up. He was a real bully. But he would always stare at me for no reason. If looks could kill, it would work for him. I have forgotten all about that until I was 22. We lived in the same neighborhood, building so it wasn't hard to see each other. He is in the military now from what I found out, and to be honest. I pray things are well with him, but other then that. I had to let go, and move on. He was not worth me feeling bitter and angry about. It not only caused me to be emotionally unhealthy, but it too made me physically sick that now I have chronic asthma and respiratory problems because of the stress. But in your situation, wither good or bad. Your better off making wise decisions and move on.

• GREAT QUESTION ! Yes it most definitely can happen. It never happened to me because that person is just a nightmare to my sleep but it is very possible i am so glad you asked this.

• Thanks :) This question just suddenly came to my head..

• yup. to me it can.. i agree about the remission thing. this would not apply of you truly moved on. but of you only just functionally moved on but still deep down had feelings, yeah.

• Yes. I had a crush on a guy when I was 14 and saw him again recently, and it all came back to me.

• Wow after 5 years! Then I guess a few months are nothing..

• Yeah... he looks even better now than before!

• Added bonus! Haha :) ;P Good for you! :)

• Great question and I am loving the answers too! 😊

• Thanks! :) I'm loving the answers too :)

I thought most people would say that it wouldn't bring back their feelings. So this is a pleasant surprise! :)

• I know huh? I thought there'd be a bunch of sarcasm and negativity and I'm also pleasantly surprised! ☺️

• yeah duhhh

• It brings the feelings back for the person you used to know, and you always imagined who they are. They grow up, they develop, they change. Dont have feelings for the person in your imagination after just seeing them. But happens.

• Yeah; I was a total dumbass and contacted my abusive cheating ex to say I forgive you, and I thought there would be no emotions involved. I was like meh, I don't care anymore what's the worst he could do to me? Naturally I got what I deserved for being such a ding bat.

• Happened to me but not right away. When we started talking ya

• Yes it's happened to me and it sucks.

• I guess

• It definitely can.