Do I deserve to have my man card revoked?

A lot of my guys are giving me shit because I keep going back to the same girl who's dumped me a total of 3 times now.

She's not a bitch or anything, in fact she's the best girl in the whole world. I just have a condition (combat PTSD) that's made me into a huge asshole at times and caused her to walk (run) away. Plus she's always been a very free spirited girl that's hard to tie down anyway (something I love about her), so any shit and it's too easy for her to be gone.

She says she still loves me and would definitely want to be with me if I work on things. Everyone else says I'm just signing up for more of the same and to grow a pair. This shit starts to wear on a man's ego after a while. I would normally never try this hard for a girl. I just want to be with her more than anything but am nervous she'll hose me again.

Most Helpful Girl

• "dumped me 3 times"
    "best girl in the whole world"
    For the love of Arceus, where is your dignity?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok coming from another Vet that deals with the same stuff.. She does not sound like a healthy choice.. I had to come to the conclusion that a dysfunctional relationship actually made me a lot worse.. I mean if you have someone that will be there and keep the situation stable then great but having a flighty girlfriend who always bolts when times get tough is not the healthy choice.

• I hear you man. I'm thinking all this has made me worse. Although in fairness to her, I haven't been doing a thing about it, and I think that's what keeps freaking her out. Like she never knows when I'm just gonna lose my shit again so she never feels completely comfortable.

• Brother i understand.. It's things like this that killed my marriage and why i choose not to do the relationship stuff.. It allows me to keep some crazy stability in my life without putting others at risk. Because i admit i have gone completely ape shit and will probably again so its best to keep myself away from those i care about. Also feel free to PM if you need to discuss this further

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 7

• the board has reviewed your situation and have decided to NOT revoke your man card

• Haha appreciate it man

• dude if she does not want you the way you are then why keep going back to her? this is not helping you at all.

• Fuck her dude.

• I would take it, yes.

• Too complicated
    Moving on

• She will fuck you over. Because you let her. And never learn. That's on you.

• What's that quote? Oh yeah "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results."

So, you should change something here. It could be a new girl or it could be fixing whatever it is you're doing and trying to get her to recognize and rectify whatever it is she's doing. Seems a huge waste of time otherwise.